Toribash
Original Post
Mod Tools
Merged with http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=35747

This thread is for "base" or default mods which include some useful concepts for a wide variety of mods.

If you have a contribution you'd like to make, or an idea for a potentially useful tool, contact Pouffy.

Tools

Classic Modding Template/Resource : pt_classic.tbm

Mod template with classic gamerules, all default tori modification values explicitly stated, and all non-static (flag 0) compatible objects pre-spawned. Also includes all volume and mass calculations for bodyparts (rounded to four digits), body and environment flags, and gamerules flags stated. The first of every sort of object explicitly states all parameters it is compatible with; all objects after that are streamlined as much as possible.

This modfile is primarily to streamline the text-editor modding process, as well as to provide text-editor-visible resources to assist modmakers, although it is also importable to save from having to spawn all sixteen non-statics at the beginning of the modding process.

Balance System : MTBalance.tbm

Most people have played or seen a mod with a balance system before. It was a concept first proposed by Skazz and subsequently, I developed the first balance system for 49realtoriboxing.tbm. (first mod uploaded to the mod uploader) Usually people think it works by using heavier feet but this is not the case.

The balance system uses opposing thrusts to keep the player upright. By placing upward thrust on the player's upper body and downward thrust on the player's lower body, the body will always straighten out when tilted at any degree.

This effect allows for the player to move efficiently without focusing on balancing with a variety of applications. (Sports, Parkour, Sparring or other realistic fighting mods)

I've attached a balance system mod tool to the post (MTBalance.tbm). It is a balance system which is configured for -35 gravity. Unlike most systems, it allows for excellent balancing without restricting freedom to the player, which should be useful for anyone who wants to apply it to their mod.

Keep in mind that a balance system must be configured when the gravity is changed. It becomes weaker as gravity increases and stronger as gravity decreases.

Enjoy and ask questions if any!
Last edited by pouffy; Mar 6, 2018 at 11:29 PM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Originally Posted by Smilies2 View Post
Triggers

A recently added mod feature which only works online, Triggers. Developed by hampa, a few weeks ago and enabled server side[/B]

Awesome.
So I assume that in v4.0, it will be enabled client side so that we can do it in single player?

MTTriggers2.tbm- the triggers for the hands and feet are disabled but placed onto weapons for tori and uke. When a player hits the other with their weapon, it results in an instawin.

Fencing.
Thats the plan supahninja , cant wait for this to work in singleplayer so we can test it out properly .

Is there a possibility of a style of trigger where it would take two head shots to trigger a win instead of one ?
Nope. We're hoping that we could get hampa to add that or a "damage trigger" where you have to exceed a certain amount of points which results in an instawin. (for knockouts and stuff)
Last edited by Smilies2; Jul 23, 2011 at 10:04 PM.

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Nope. We're hoping that we could get hampa to added that or a "damage trigger" where you have to exceed a certain amount of points which results in an instawin. (for knockouts and stuff)

I tell you a thrust trigger would be the best, have tori in a cockpit, if he pushes on button thrust goes to the left, if he is on the other one it goes to the right, have some for up as well.
descript.lua is wonderful for body mods.

Much faster and more accurate than notepad.

When adjusting the ranges, you can click mod editor in the bottom right corner to enter free play and test the changes (then click it again to edit again)
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

Hey, I moved this to the public board, Since some people (hopefully future modders ;o) would enjoy learning how to use the triggers as well. If you have any questions, Feel free to ask in the mod questions thread.

I've updated the original post with another modding tool (information and the mod is available in the OP). I'm hoping that someone will find a creative use for it.

I've decided to start modding and wanted to kick off with a 0 gravity mod in which players have to push off two opposing walls so I expect that laying down mod will come in pretty handy - just need to contract the knees and hips slightly. Cheers for that, also I've been wondering about how the balance thing since I first saw it. Everything on this list is just made of awesomeness really =D