Ranking
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
If you knew his history, you'd realize why that's the case for a lot of people.
See:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=348027

There's a few other things out there, but let's be real here. Once you've breached people's trust enough times, suddenly it won't matter if you're telling the truth or not.

Sorry if this is useless, but that's the funniest thing i've read all month.

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
And in this case, he's already admitted the truth - he leaked info. This is pretty cut and dry. I don't see how anyone could defend him. Raaages argument that 'YOU GUYS BULLIED HIM INTO THIS" is hilarious.

Pretty sure if bullying was a factor plenty of staff members would of turned into a kyure, I remember hanz0 mentioning himself getting plenty of hate pm's when he was a part of things.
Yeah, leaking info is a big deal. It's not a secret that I help out with htotm, and the moment I was set up to help out, I got a PM about making sure I didn't leak ANYTHING. It was one of the first things that was made clear to me after I was all ready to help out with the event, and that makes it seem to me like its a really big deal . I mean hell, I'm helping out with a single event with no real access or authority, and I was still explicitly told not to leak anything - that should go to show how seriously they take it.

Well, that's all assuming Kyure's leak wasn't part of the prank.

Anyways, I've been asked to participate in the thread so I guess I'll bite.

What really bothers me - especially about Kyure - is the argument that people make that goes something along the lines of, "It's already been taken care of, so it doesn't matter" and, "They're all just small cases." The way I see it, you can see a trend in all the little stuff.

Let's go back over everything in the thread, then.

K0HTA shared with us two things. First, when he and I got banned for account sharing. We were both initially banned for 5 days. Then, the ban times were changed to permanent. (Speculation: I can't imagine many guys would care enough to update ban times, completely unprovoked and without any precedent, a couple days after the bans were placed.) Well, K0HTA went to talk to Kyure about it. Well, that didn't end so well because, Kyure banned all of K0HTA's alts (Why? Those weren't involved in the report and weren't bothered to be banned any time beforehand. Some personal bias?), and then sent K0HTA off. It wasn't until K0HTA talked a while with Kitfox and I made a shitstorm with a complaint thread that our ban times were reduced personally by hanz0 (iirc the rules were slightly changed about that too? Not 100% sure on that, I've heard different things).

I'm sure I've made my thoughts on this clear with my unnecessary little commentary, but I'm almost 100% sure that Kyure took the opportunity to rub it in our faces. He doesn't like either of us. At all. He hasn't for a loooong time. Neither of us like him all that much. There's nothing wrong with a bit of mutual hard feelings, but I'm almost certain that Kyure acted on his feelings when dealing with our ban, first by taking up the case itself. I'm sure he was overjoyed to ban us. I'm sure he was even more happy to extend our bans, even though I'm sure he didn't have to and not everybody else would. He probably loved the opportunity of banning all K0HTA's alts.

Sure, nothing wrong with doing his job, but it does highlight something maybe a bit uncalled for, doesn't it?

The second thing that K0HTA shared with us was that Kyure went ingame and lied about him to his clanmates and to anyone else that was in the room. I actually have a screen from when that happened.

That's slander. Now I'm not sure what standards staff are held to, but I should think that baseless lies and slander are something that should probably be a no-no. But, hey, maybe the higher-ups disagree with me, that's fine.

But we see it again. He goes out of his way to take something reasonable and bend it as much as possible in his favour. What I bet happened is this - K0HTA went into #toribash or something and asked for Kyure. He probably called him a faggot. Maybe once, maybe a few times. Whether that was in #toribash or via query, who knows. Did he ride into #toribash as the epitome of toxicity, brand the words faggot and nigger as weapons and spam the hell outta the chat? Lol no. And if you knew K0HTA even in the slightest, you'd understand that.

Ancient's is kinda sketchy whether to say that was unfair of Kyure or not. I personally feel he explained his answer, and it could be the case that Ancient just posted in a thread with a lot of poor quality posts, all of them were infracted, and his was caught up in it. Who really knows. Rule D is such a mess. There's a lot of room for subjectivity, bias and interpretation in that rule when moderators deal with posts.

Now I can't back this up with evidence (was a while ago, cba to find any irc logs - not even sure my phone saves them), and it didn't happen as an smod, but just to further the trend we're seeing... As lmod to the Gaming Board, Kyure had quite the power trip. He would actually literally plot against ImmortalPig to try to take the board out from under him. He would write/set up and sticky reference and rule threads to replace ImmortalPig's current ones without Pig's knowledge - for the very purpose of catching him off guard and trying to undermine his authority in the board. Something about him thinking Pig was an idiot and incompetent iirc, but I'm sure he didn't use those very words.

Personally I've really only had bad confrontations with him. I have a lot of old stories that have been rehashed over and over again that talk about his character, and whatever, we've seen enough of that shit, but hopefully they've left a small impression on the people that see them.

The bottom line, from my perspective, is this: Kyure throws his weight around, liberally uses the blindspots and room for interpretation in rules when dealing with different cases, sometimes breaking them a little bit in the process, for personal gain and satisfaction.

Furthermore, although themes not necessarily supported by what I have here, I don't really think he has any common sense when dealing with other people. That is, I don't think he really has an ear for other people's opinions or concerns. I think he's only concerned with himself, and I wonder if that makes him at all unqualified to be in a volunteer position that's designed to help the community and the people in it.

I'm not sure I'm saying that Kyure is or has been a particularly terrible smod. He clearly gets a lot done (have you seen the number of reports this guy takes care of?) and I'm sure most of the people here can see what an asset he is in that regard, especially considering the work he surely does that we don't notice.

Does that excuse the way he uses his power in some cases? Maybe. As an smod, it's not that bad. If he were a high-staff I might be a little concerned, as an smod though... I'm not sure. I think he'd be a fantastic msquid lol.

He's definitely replaceable, at the very least.
Last edited by pouffy; Mar 31, 2016 at 05:53 AM.
I really want to hear an explanation from a staff member as to why kyure wasn't demoted before for literally slandering users, spreading false lies about them. And as to why they thought it was a good idea just to "Scold Him" for it.

Also why they choose him for smod in the first place.
Last edited by Worm; Mar 31, 2016 at 05:58 AM.
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
I really want to here an explanation from a staff member as to why kyure wasn't banned before for literally slandering users, spreading false lies about them. And as to why they thought it was a good idea just to "Scold Him" for it.

Because he's been actively sucking people's dicks on irc for about a year, why else
Hoss.
Because he's been actively sucking people's dicks on irc for about a year, why else

Honestly, at this point it's not to hard to believe with all the shit kyure has gotten away with, and how he got the gig in the first place.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
And in this case, he's already admitted the truth - he leaked info. This is pretty cut and dry. I don't see how anyone could defend him. Raaages argument that 'YOU GUYS BULLIED HIM INTO THIS" is hilarious.

and where exactly did I say he was bullied into what he did? I was trying to say he has had a rather large group of people actively hating him for a while and that's not very nice. right?

I don't understand why you guys think I'm defending kyure or making excuses for him cuz I'm not.
maybe if you guys weren't such pricks to the guy by making hate clubs and shit he wouldn't want to ban you.

I think that's about where you said it.
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
I really want to hear an explanation from a staff member as to why kyure wasn't demoted before for literally slandering users, spreading false lies about them. And as to why they thought it was a good idea just to "Scold Him" for it.

Because that's not how it works. If you, a regular user, did the very same thing in-game, I would not ban you. Fuck, I probably wouldn't even call you out. The crucial difference between regular users and staff members is that we represent the game and all that jazz, but, still, we don't like certain people here and guess why? Because (believe it or not!!) we are people, too.

That doesn't necessarily give us the right to talk shit about them in public servers, I agree. I cannot confirm whether Kyure really was lying about K0HTA or not. I didn't think that was the best attitude, either, so I talked to him about it. I'm no SMod lead and I'm fairly sure that was reported to a higher-up and he talked about it with Kyure.

I don't think I ever saw Kyure doing that before (as an SMod) and I'm 101% sure he never did it again. So, talking to people instead of demoting, banning them and telling them to fuck themselves works, sometimes, depending on the case, and that problem in particular wasn't so huge, so reprimanding him was, obviously, enough. We are all prone to make mistakes, we are still "under development".

I can't be fucked to quote other posts (other than the next one), but if you think there was/is no hatewagon against Kyure and that he is the fucking Devil, you really need to get your shit together. Sorry, but there is no other way to put this. From the very start, back in that News thread, people started to say "Kyure is this, Kyure is that" - he barely got SMod and people already talked shit.

Kyure was active as fuck, did a lot of reports and made the right thing in most of them. Did he fuck up a few times? Sure he did. But all of us, from Toribash pet to ninja, have fucked up before (and WILL fuck up again and again), but we have learned with our mistakes and didn't repeat them. Kyure learned, as well.

The difference was that hating Kyure turned into a trend and his minor fuck-up was enough to make a lengthy staff complaint about how he was shit. Want an example? "I'm not serbian, but Kyure's signature hurts my heart".

About the whole spawning stuff situation: everything indicates that he was compromised. His last logins are quite a mess at the moment and I know Kyure, he wouldn't be so shitty. A verdict will, hopefully, be posted soon, since higher staff have been looking into his case.
Originally Posted by Worm

Because they believed he was competent and qualified enough to deal with everything the SMod job requires and he really was, until this happened. Still, like I said before, everything indicates he was hacked, so hold your horses.

Yeah, bro!! Exactly!! Thanks for opening everyone's eyes, that's how people get SMod!

Oh, and lastly, about lumps and miniguns... that was 4 years ago.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
The investigation hasn't yielded any substantial proof of wrongdoing. He is still learning.
Last edited by hampa; Mar 31, 2016 at 06:44 AM.