Ranking
not really planning much stuff, as i don't have much to do actually, but i have one goal:
Get in a engineering course and "pass"/get approved on it: This is basically what i want to work on the future, courses will help then; as i aways loved robotic stuff.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
The only one I have down at the moment is to read more books. (1 per week is what I'm aiming at)
I'll be the busiest I've ever been next year so hopefullyI can fit that in.

Why? Because reading books is a good way to learn stuff and it's a good break from the computer if you have free time or before bed.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
The only one I have down at the moment is to read more books. (1 per week is what I'm aiming at)
I'll be the busiest I've ever been next year so hopefullyI can fit that in.

Why? Because reading books is a good way to learn stuff and it's a good break from the computer if you have free time or before bed.

good for you, what are you planning to read?
If you're looking for recommendations, here's what i've been reading lately:
Dawkins - the greatest show on earth. Anti-creationist propaganda but with a lot of cool biology. His fascination with the multiple science subjects is one reason I like the book.
Stephen hawking - the grand design. Book about quantum mechanics. Very newbie friendly, starts off very light and again, the authors personality shines through a lot, making the science much more interesting to read. Also anti-theology propaganda.
Naomi klein - The shock doctrine. Book about the neo-liberalist wave and how it affected various countries. Leftist propaganda.
The testimony of Dimitri Schostakovich. Book about a modern composer living in soviet russia. He's interviewed by a close friend and it's a very touching depiction of the music scene at the time. Anti-communist propaganda?
Probably very revealing of my beliefs but hey.
Last edited by Lazors; Nov 17, 2016 at 05:52 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I wanna get the perfect body(I started brutal workout)
in-game:I wanna get Master belt
Forum:I wanna get 1K post
I wanna get new work...so much

stop playing a lot of videogames and start working on my grades so i can graduate from high school
gain more weight
get a phone
dont be an idiot
learn how to speak english properly

i'll be starting since day 1
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
good for you, what are you planning to read?
If you're looking for recommendations, here's what i've been reading lately:
Dawkins - the greatest show on earth. Anti-creationist propaganda but with a lot of cool biology. His fascination with the multiple science subjects is one reason I like the book.
Stephen hawking - the grand design. Book about quantum mechanics. Very newbie friendly, starts off very light and again, the authors personality shines through a lot, making the science much more interesting to read. Also anti-theology propaganda.
Naomi klein - The shock doctrine. Book about the neo-liberalist wave and how it affected various countries. Leftist propaganda.
The testimony of Dimitri Schostakovich. Book about a modern composer living in soviet russia. He's interviewed by a close friend and it's a very touching depiction of the music scene at the time. Anti-communist propaganda?
Probably very revealing of my beliefs but hey.

I've got a pretty big reading list/backlog. Here are just a few to get a good idea:
A history of the world
Algorithms to live by
The stranger
The myth of Sisyphus
Catch 22
Guns, germs, and steel
Letters from a stoic
Meditations
Sherlock Holmes
The Brothers Karamazov
The conspiracy against the human
The god delusion
You are not so smart
You are now less dumb
The power of your subconscious mind
48 laws of power
How to win friends and influence people
Influence
Methods of persuasion
The power of habit
4 hour work week
Seven habits of highly effective people
Etc

Also various other books on history, sociology/people, self improvement, programming/technology, business/startups, economics...yea you get the idea.

My list is mostly compiled from various other reading lists and recommendations from around the place.
Alright, this thread is getting way too many derailing/not acceptable posts, so I'll close this. We can all appreciate a fun thread but please try to follow the few basic rules off-topic has next time.
h