Toribash
Original Post
Clan Alliance Feature
So clan allies is a thing right? Why not make it a proper feature? For example a window where the leader can add clan allies. What can clan allies do? They can help out with a war even if they belong to others clans or are clanless. In short

What a clan ally can do: Earn points in wars.

What a clan ally can't do: Everything that normal members are capable of. For example they can't start wars and they don't earn xp for the allied clan when they play a match either.
NO TITLE
Interesting
let me suggest a few things that could give this idea some "framework" and prevent abuse.

1.Narrowing the definition of clan allies. Clan allies = Allied clans ...and nothing more.
Single clan allies would not be included so as to not complicate the mechanism. That's cruel, i know
2.Only members of allied clans could join the war on your side.
3.A clan would not be able to wage wars against allied clans.
4.Max Number of allied clans limited to 2-3, maybe even less (explained in point 5).
Having many allies sounds cool, but it's a double-edged sword.
Finding someone to fight can be difficult in that case (because of point 3), and therefore you lose a good source of activity points and increase the risk of death of your clan (if it's official).

Let's go back to point 3 for a moment, because it's a bit tricky.
Allied clans would not be able to wage wars against each other, but there would be situations in which the enemy clan would use members from your allied clan as support.
...very awkward situation, isn't it? x'D ...and it opens the door to some abuses
But there is a remedy.

5."Twin clans", lol, or something like that, idk how to call it. Basicaly your clan can only have one official ally.
The idea of simple alliances containing only two clans solves all of the above problems.
In this configuration, the third party to the conflict cannot be neutral because it cannot be both your ally and your enemy's ally.
Your enemies have their allies, you have yours and that's it, everything works.
You also don't have to worry about finding a clan to fight with.

Changed idea to something less complicated
Take a look at this post

https://forum.toribash.com/showpost....03&postcount=9

What do you think about it? does it still match your vision or have i gone too far?

Your idea is very cool.
It would be good to know what the staff think about it.
Last edited by Bison; Jun 8, 2023 at 05:55 PM.
hurh hurh hurh *chews grass*
Solid idea as most clans have an 'alliance' list that they stand by and brings future idea's to clan events.

This would stop clan hopping, loads of alts in different clans and motivates older clans to be active again by participating in allied wars.

There should be an 'invite (clan) to alliance' where the other clan will have to accept it first before participating in wars and other stuff.

Originally Posted by Sora View Post
they don't earn xp for the allied clan when they play a match either.

I think the allied clans that are helping out should also earn XP as this bring a purpose to actually help out the clan they are helping.
-----
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
Single clan allies would not be included so as to not complicate the mechanism. That's cruel, i know

Not cruel at all as that idea would make no sense and yes, it would break the concept.

I'll consider this warring allied clans in general; Would allied clans be allowed to war each other, period? it just seems like it makes no sense to have allied clans if you just war each other frequently? Maybe allied clans are only allowed to fight each other during clan Events and Clan League.

4.Max Number of allied clans limited to 2-3, maybe even less (explained in point 5).

2 Allied clans sounds like a nice amount as their aren't THAT many clans right now, could change in future though.
Last edited by max; Jun 7, 2023 at 11:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Interesting
let me suggest a few things that could give this idea some "framework" and prevent abuse.

1.Narrowing the definition of clan allies. Clan allies = Allied clans ...and nothing more.
2.Only members of allied clans could join the war on your side.
Having many allies sounds cool, but it's a double-edged sword.
Finding someone to fight can be difficult in that case (because of point 3), and therefore you lose a good source of activity points and increase the risk of death of your clan (if it's official).

Let's go back to point 3 for a moment, because it's a bit tricky.
Allied clans would not be able to wage wars against each other, but there would be situations in which the enemy clan would use members from your allied clan as support.
...very awkward situation, isn't it? x'D ...and it opens the door to some abuses
But there is a remedy.

5."Twin clans", lol, or something like that, idk how to call it. Basicaly your clan can only have one official ally.
The idea of simple alliances containing only two clans solves all of the above problems.
In this configuration, the third party to the conflict cannot be neutral because it cannot be both your ally and your enemy's ally.
Your enemies have their allies, you have yours and that's it, everything works.
You also don't have to worry about finding a clan to fight with.

What do you think about it? does it still match your vision or have i gone too far?

Your idea is very cool.
It would be good to know what the staff think about it.

Nah you haven't gone too far. I just wrote it down quickly in case I forget about the idea and you gave it the depth it needed.

This would make clan wars interesting as there could be like 6 clans in a room with all of them participating. Also this feature can lead to huge clan events as well.
NO TITLE
This would make clan wars interesting as there could be like 6 clans in a room with all of them participating. Also this feature can lead to huge clan events as well.

So you prefer the idea of triple alliances instead of double ones.
In that case, it would be necessary to add some mechanism to eliminate the neutrality of the 3rd party.

For example, if a 3rd clan was invited to war by both sides of the conflict and is an ally of both sides, it must choose one of them.
Members of the 3rd clan will only be able to join the clan they have decided to support.
This would, of course, last from the beginning of the war to the end.
...hahaha, that would spice up the game. I can imagine some top anime betrayals

As you can see, a whole additional mechanism is needed here
That's why Max and I thought about alliances consisting of only two clans.
Better to start with small steps. Maybe it can be improved later.
So far, we don't even know if the devs/staff are interested in this idea at all.

Originally Posted by max View Post
Maybe allied clans are only allowed to fight each other during clan Events and Clan League.

Maybe so, and it would be turned off during these events

...or maybe not xD
Imagine clans breaking alliances just to represent themselves separately during CL, putting friendships on the line to achieve their own success.
Of course, it doesn't have to be a form of betrayal, allied clans can just agree that it's only a temporary separation and they'll come together after the event.
Some clans would probably choose to fight together and win together putting their pride aside and choosing the power of friendship, LOL.
I just don't know what the prize distribution would look like in such a situation.
Last edited by Bison; Jun 8, 2023 at 11:15 AM.
So you prefer the idea of triple alliances instead of double ones.
In that case, it would be necessary to add some mechanism to eliminate the neutrality of the 3rd party.

For example, if a 3rd clan was invited to war by both sides of the conflict and is an ally of both sides, it must choose one of them.
Members of the 3rd clan will only be able to join the clan they have decided to support.
This would, of course, last from the beginning of the war to the end.
...hahaha, that would spice up the game. I can imagine some top anime betrayals

As you can see, a whole additional mechanism is needed here
That's why Max and I thought about alliances consisting of only two clans.
Better to start with small steps. Maybe it can be improved later.
So far, we don't even know if the devs/staff are interested in this idea at all.

Maybe so, and it would be turned off during these events

...or maybe not xD
Imagine clans breaking alliances just to represent themselves separately during CL, putting friendships on the line to achieve their own success.
Of course, it doesn't have to be a form of betrayal, allied clans can just agree that it's only a temporary separation and they'll come together after the event.
Some clans would probably choose to fight together and win together putting their pride aside and choosing the power of friendship, LOL.
I just don't know what the prize distribution would look like in such a situation.

Nah Im thinking about the scenario where both clans have two allies but they only allied with that one clan they represent.

Btw theres just one big problem with this idea. Since this feature would make proxy wars possible by allowing only allies to play a war. How do you make sure people don't make alt clans to abuse the system? Alt clans are not allowed but if I make a complete new clan and only play as an ally then what do you do?
NO TITLE
Btw theres just one big problem with this idea. Since this feature would make proxy wars possible by allowing only allies to play a war. How do you make sure people don't make alt clans to abuse the system? Alt clans are not allowed but if I make a complete new clan and only play as an ally then what do you do?

Honestly, idk

...Alliance may be a feature only available to official clans.
Originally Posted by max View Post
The main idea:
Having a minimum of 3 - 5 people (preferably 5 players) to create an actual clan.

This was an idea I thought of recently but I was debating whether this would be anything to worth suggesting in here considering that Toribash isn't a massive game but then thought "This can stop a mass spam of random clans being made and it can put more eyes on new clans a lot easier"
A lot of solo players tend to make new clans on their own and nowadays it is so hard to recruit because everyone is in a clan now or won't join a clan. This can also stop people spamming clan threads in the clan board.

Main question to myself is how would you do this? HAVING to get a minimum 3 - 5 players in a party to create a clan in the forums/in-game so that the system knows?

Another suggestion I made regarding making new clans to prevent a cluster fuck of alt clans on the forums, this could prevent the abuse since it consists of having 3 - 5 players to actually make a new clan
I have completely different idea.
What about Clan Confederations instead of Alliances.
Here is how it would work:

Clans cannot freely choose allies on their clan panel.
Instead, they have two options:
1.They can create a confederation with another clan that does not belong to any other confederation).
2.They can join a confederation of two clans in which there is room for a third (we assume a limit of 3 clans per confederation.
Once they have joined a confederation, they cannot wage war against clans belonging to this confederation.
Clans in such a confederation can wage war together against other confederations and against non-affiliated clans (clans not belonging to any confederation).

I did a little comparison in paint.

Alliances vs Confederations

Bonus idea:
Clans in the confederation can actually fight with each other but it's not a war just a "friendly skirmish" or something like that.
Clans get less activity points for a friendly skirmish than they would get for a war with a clan from outside the confederation.
Normal wars points are capped at 15 pts max, calculated as warsPlayed / 7 * 15 .
War points from Friendly skirmishes would be capped at 8 pts max, calculated as SkirmishesPlayed / 5 * 8
So you will receive 8 points for the first 5 skirmishes fought with friends from your confederation in a given month.

It is therefore a kind of war geared more towards having fun together and slightly improving clan activity than towards competition and profit.
It's been a long time since I've fought wars but if I remember correctly you can set up some sort of war reward, right?
In skirmishes you wouldn't have that option.
Last edited by Bison; Jun 8, 2023 at 06:23 PM.
Another thing to add to this awesome suggestion; having your alliance(s) access the clans Private Board so you can chat privately… but since discord is pretty what everyone uses now it might be completely useless, however, it brings a nice addition to having private chats on the forums with other clans on the forums rather than relying on an entire clan join your discord and giving them permissions etc