ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
how to...
Hey i'm new to this and i was wondering. How do i watch things people link in there replys? Like replays. When i open it all it is is letters and numbers. I want to know how to play it. So i can see what i gott abeat XD.
Re: how to...
copy the file into the replays folder in the toribash folder.

e.g. CProgram Files\Toribash\replays

then it will be in the replays option when you press Escape in Toribash.
I has a flavour
Thanks but the file icon doesint look the same. Will it still work? The ones a DLed look like note pads.
The .rpl files have no icons. The only practical use for them is so you can watch them within Toribash. However, you can open them with a text editor and you can see the raw data of the replay file...
Maybe one day, we'll see the .rpl files open automatically with Toribash
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
If you have Real Player installed(I've got Real One), .rpl opens with it as "rhapsody playlist" :P
If the file icon for the downloaded replay looks like a notepad while the other replays in the replay folder doesn't, it might be that Internet Explorer is adding a .txt-extension to the files, what with there being some text-like stuff in the file and IE being sort of moronic. If that's the case, and it won't work, it should just be to rename the file so that it's *.rpl instead of *.rpl.txt
I have my files set to show extensions so I don't waste time renaming them or getting confused. Goddamn windows
I love it how in Linux or FreeBSD how you just type "ls" and it pretty much shows everything.
Too much hidden stuff in Windows.

don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Originally Posted by veb
I have my files set to show extensions so I don't waste time renaming them or getting confused. Goddamn windows
I love it how in Linux or FreeBSD how you just type "ls" and it pretty much shows everything.
Too much hidden stuff in Windows.

If it is what I think it is, it's just that IE, being a goddamn smartass, adds the .txt-extension on its own, because it decides it's some text-file. Don't think whether or not you show extensions matter on just that bit (but it's easier to rename the things right again when showing). That is, I believe the comp I ran into that problem with was showing extensions, and I've had similar things happen with other files (eg adding .xml-extension to files downloaded, because it notices that they're in some kind of xml-language).

Other'n that, agreed :P
Originally Posted by slainveteran
copy the file into the replays folder in the toribash folder.

e.g. CProgram Files\Toribash\replays

then it will be in the replays option when you press Escape in Toribash.

kust what am i supose to copy? the text in the aditional options?