Ranking
Original Post
More Detailed Head Texture Template
The lack of precision in the making of head textures due to the abscence of a good template has always annoyed me. So I made a new, enhanced one, with a better resolution and more lines. Here's the 512x512 version:

And since the precision is the priority here, of course there would be higher resolutions available. I'm including the original (1444x722), a 2048x1024 version (8 times as dense as the normal 512x512 version), and the "classic" 1024x512. Here they are:

1444x722 version

2048x1024 version

1024x512 version

Here's how the 1024x1024 version of the template looks ingame:

I hope it's helpful.
Accepting art requests. yay
ehhh this one

img

shows the front and sides area, can you draw darker lines with words that tell you where that line appears on the tori.
Thanks for making this
Ima try it out!
Although ima recolor this the colors are giving me a headache because of the kinda optical illusions its throwin off some less saturated colors might benifit this
Otherwise i like the idea of this
I still take texture requests for usd
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
ehhh this one

img

shows the front and sides area, can you draw darker lines with words that tell you where that line appears on the tori.

Silly boy you dun missed the whole point, well at least you tried...

Also thanks MrPleasure this is super helpful the circles at the top will really help me with mapping the texture up there because it's so hard lol

Also like calam said I'll probably change the colors it looks like an optical illusion but this will be really useful

Good job!
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
Although ima recolor this the colors are giving me a headache because of the kinda optical illusions its throwin off some less saturated colors might benifit this
Otherwise i like the idea of this

Yeah, it's something I really don't like, now that you pointed it out. I'm gonna make a better version when I get home, with the each set of curves separated. The problem with a gray version is that it gets really confusing and hard to tell what curve you're looking.

Look

Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
ehhh this one

img

I'll put the lines in the next version, it's a really good thing to add. ^^
Last edited by MrPlesaure; Jul 21, 2017 at 09:32 PM.
Accepting art requests. yay
soon we will have 4k head textures LMAO

I might seriously try it I dont even know where id begin to make something that high res. Can someone verify that the dimensions will shrink and work in toribash? on further inspection theres no real difference in texture quality when you make them this big

512x512

Toribash shrinks the image to 512x512 to make it work with the game regardless.
Last edited by Mzebra; Jul 22, 2017 at 08:54 AM.
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
soon we will have 4k head textures LMAO

I might seriously try it I dont even know where id begin to make something that high res. Can someone verify that the dimensions will shrink and work in toribash? on further inspection theres no real difference in texture quality when you make them this big

big ish images

Toribash shrinks the image to 512x512 to make it work with the game regardless.

Honestly though, sometimes you can get more detail and quality when you draw if you have a bigger canvas, it can actually look even more detailed when scaled down because its skilled down more
It would be interesting if it had a new texture more for realistic details more for very good realism for toribash artists