Toribash
Original Post
[TEX] My First Head Texture (SuperHero)
Heya Today ill be showing you my first GIMP texture. Hope You Enjoy Please CnC.

Flat

Preview as it is on a sphere

yea.
I love the way it looks the color scheme is a little unappealing though. If you could add a little more shading and some different colors like silver and something I'd buy it. Overall it's a great head texture.
mapping seems way off. and make the eyes glow. maybe add some details in and around the face but anyways good job on your first head texture
w
Its a pretty damn good start, though there are some things I would like to see you improve on.

-Line quality: your lines look really rough around the edges, you need to clean those up and make them a lot smother.
-Color Choice: The colors you're using aren't really that attractive, I'd like to see you use some colors that contrast better with each other in the future.
-Shading: Spend some time on google and youtube looking up little tutorials on shading and see what you can take away from it to improve yourself.

Overall you're a lot more creative with your first head than most people are, so I'll give you an A for effort there. Can't wait to see what you do for your next head man.

P.S. Pure, Void, Elf, Platinum, Azurite, Acid, Cobra. These are some good colors that a lot of people like.
Last edited by Kohta; Jun 13, 2016 at 01:11 AM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by BodiedBank View Post
I love the way it looks the color scheme is a little unappealing though. If you could add a little more shading and some different colors like silver and something I'd buy it. Overall it's a great head texture.

On It.

Originally Posted by Fade View Post
mapping seems way off. and make the eyes glow. maybe add some details in and around the face but anyways good job on your first head texture

Ill try making the eyes as neon with gray glowing, Thanks for ur comment and tips.

Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Its a pretty damn good start, though there are some things I would like to see you improve on.

-Line quality: your lines look really rough around the edges, you need to clean those up and make them a lot smother.
-Color Choice: The colors you're using aren't really that attractive, I'd like to see you use some colors that contrast better with each other in the future.
-Shading: Spend some time on google and youtube looking up little tutorials on shading and see what you can take away from it to improve yourself.

Overall you're a lot more creative with your first head than most people are, so I'll give you an A for effort there. Can't wait to see what you do for your next head man.

P.S. Pure, Void, Elf, Platinum, Azurite, Acid, Cobra. These are some good colors that a lot of people like.

Well i use A pad but even tho i love drawing i hate doing the color stuff xD..
By the way as my first head text im new to art and i did not know which colors are better but anyway ill take it as an important note, And as i never used youtube with my head ill use it now as u said XD i learned from other heads that people do.. and im hoping that one day ill be an HQ art maker .

Finally, thanks for your backup. ill be doing a version 2 of this head that is better! thankss.
yea.
I agree on good start. With practice u can start adding shadow and give it a more polished feel.
For this head if u made it just a bit better u could get around 5k i think.
Like k0ta said, polish the edges of the lines. And it will look a lot better.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Okay on it.. Just watched like 7 vids on utube XD about shading etc.. It helped me alot.
yea.
Blah and Blah
As most people have stated, you are doing very well so far, especially for your first head ever (?).

-

Obviously, it's not going to be perfect, but we can fix that. Here are some good things I saw in your art:

#1 Decent Concept of Front Mapping: Your eyes and mouth and nose seem to be pretty normal. They are not super long/short or wide/narrow. The eyes are where they're suppose to be and so is everything else. I don't know if you use a mapping template or not during the creation of your textures, HOWEVER, if you are not, totally get one.

#2 Willingness to Take a Chance: First head is usually the worst. Many fresh artists tend to stray away from the complex and creative. I mean, it's good to start on something easy, yknow, just to get a feel of how to use the software and what to do. However, being so shy with art can slow down the creative processes and hinder one from achieving their full potential. You picked a rather difficult palette to color with and a pretty cool design. I like the most that you had a title for your head; it is always good to have a basic idea of what you want to create before creating it. All is good.

-

Now . . . let's talk about what you need to consider improving.

#1 Try some colors that are not too bright, but not too dark either: Until you get a complete handle on the shading/lighting, you should stick to more flexible colors. More so when you are making something to sell, you will need to stick with a profitable color range, such as blue, red, and black. No matter what, just stick to what you're comfortable with (FOR NOW), and move up from there. This is like artistic cold-turkey, not very comfortable.

#2 Use a Higher-Resolution Flat for Your Textures!!!!: I really don't know why your head texture looks so grainy; it's not like you lack a 512 head texture to experiment with (if you did, I would've bought you one). So, amp up your flats, maybe to a 512 or even to 1024x512 (which has become standard quite recently). You will find that mapping will be more precise, and you will have more room to work on details. People love details.

#3 Don't Use Dead End Colors: Never use 100% white or 100% black. You need colors that can be darkened or lightened, even if the change is near insignificant. Yeah, that's it pretty much.

Now go make more art!
Originally Posted by FruitCandy View Post
As most people have stated, you are doing very well so far, especially for your first head ever (?).

-

Obviously, it's not going to be perfect, but we can fix that. Here are some good things I saw in your art:

#1 Decent Concept of Front Mapping: Your eyes and mouth and nose seem to be pretty normal. They are not super long/short or wide/narrow. The eyes are where they're suppose to be and so is everything else. I don't know if you use a mapping template or not during the creation of your textures, HOWEVER, if you are not, totally get one.

#2 Willingness to Take a Chance: First head is usually the worst. Many fresh artists tend to stray away from the complex and creative. I mean, it's good to start on something easy, yknow, just to get a feel of how to use the software and what to do. However, being so shy with art can slow down the creative processes and hinder one from achieving their full potential. You picked a rather difficult palette to color with and a pretty cool design. I like the most that you had a title for your head; it is always good to have a basic idea of what you want to create before creating it. All is good.

-

Now . . . let's talk about what you need to consider improving.

#1 Try some colors that are not too bright, but not too dark either: Until you get a complete handle on the shading/lighting, you should stick to more flexible colors. More so when you are making something to sell, you will need to stick with a profitable color range, such as blue, red, and black. No matter what, just stick to what you're comfortable with (FOR NOW), and move up from there. This is like artistic cold-turkey, not very comfortable.

#2 Use a Higher-Resolution Flat for Your Textures!!!!: I really don't know why your head texture looks so grainy; it's not like you lack a 512 head texture to experiment with (if you did, I would've bought you one). So, amp up your flats, maybe to a 512 or even to 1024x512 (which has become standard quite recently). You will find that mapping will be more precise, and you will have more room to work on details. People love details.

#3 Don't Use Dead End Colors: Never use 100% white or 100% black. You need colors that can be darkened or lightened, even if the change is near insignificant. Yeah, that's it pretty much.

Now go make more art!

Thanks a lot for the support I'll really take care of what you told me to do especially coloring and shading, those are my weak points. Btw I, for sure, use a template or I couldn't get the eyes right where they should be. Anyway it is my first head for real, I just watched and saw a lot of head making vids etc.. I even used only a brush and the selector tool to draw this, and for the shadows I lowered the opacity of the brush XD anyway thanks all for the tips I'll take care of em in my next head.
yea.
Starting a Robotic Texture Project, Think will go further than only a head ;) (Maybe a set) Ill be showing u it once i finish it, But idk what theme i draw it.. Can anyone gimme an image for a nice robot? Not a tb head text but just a picture of a cartoonish robot so i can make his head on a template?
yea.