Ranking
Original Post
Which computer should I get?
Looking to buy a gaming computer for around $600-700, and narrowed it down to these two.

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 535SLC
-AMD Athlon II X4 620(2.6GHz) 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
-4GB DDR3 1600 of Memory
-500GB SATA II Hard Drive
-ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB graphics card
-480W Power Supply
-$619.99

(Additional Information here.)

or

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2023
-AMD Phenom II X2 550(3.1GHz) 64 bit Dual Core Processor
-4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 of Memory
-500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD Hard Drive
-NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB PCI Express Video Card
-700W Power Supply
-$659.99

According to some reviews, this computer tends to crash often.

(Additional Information here.)

I'm not a "hardcore" gamer, so I wouldn't need to run games like Crysis, etc., just some modern games like L4D2.

I'm leaning more towards the first one due to fear of crashing, lower price, and the Quad-core, but this is my first gaming computer so any advice would be helpful.
hi
the first one. But personally I wouldn't go for a prebuilt of any kind because you cant choose exactly what you want.
my vote: 1st one. I do agree with Yourface
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Well, I really know nothing about building computers, and I'm kind of on a budget, so I just decided on buying a pre-built one.
hi
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
But then again most people dont have to common sense in how to put them together.

thats why you have Internet tutorials, even on youtube... Plus a friend can help!

also. there are numerous computer stores that will put it together for a symbolic price.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by Giantz View Post
Well, I really know nothing about building computers, and I'm kind of on a budget, so I just decided on buying a pre-built one.

This makes no sense, a pre-built has a distributor and manufacturer tax, with building your own, you just buy your own parts and build it, no middle man bullshit.
sugoi montogami, aniki.
Ok, so I dont even get the links for people that often. It goes to show you how much I really hate it when people get prebuilts.

MoBo- 115$- 8$ shipping (open box- takes off 50$)

CPU - 200$- free shipping (auto-overclocks from 2.66ghz to ~3.0-3.2)

GFX card- 150$ - free shipping

RAM - 110$-free shipping

Case - 75$-20% off with promo code--> 60$- mail in rebate(25$)- 35$ - free shipping AND if you send a paper that comes with it to the manufacturer you get a coupon for S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat

Power supply - 70$- 10$ MIR- 5$ shipping (it's very cheap but good, I have this) it's also a hybrid module (you can take off the cords)

Total - 733$
------------------------
Rebates&promos- 50$
------------------------
Price after shipping&promos- 683$

How much better is this computer that the prebuilt ones? A CRAPLOAD BETTER.
Last edited by Yourface; May 25, 2010 at 03:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Giantz View Post

I think that should settle it.
Chose the first one. The problem with the second... I have sli 260's and my PC still runs Just Cause 2 (max settings 1920x1200) at 20-30 FPS. Cnat immagine what a single 250 would do.
That means anything? My computer runs crysis at full settings(1050) at 25fps and all the way low(600x800) at 25fps... also not everybody has that high of a resolution.

And to put a computer together really isn't hard. on the cables it says what to plug it into and that's really the only hard part, that and managing the cables.