ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Forums] Modernize the forums | Optional
tl;dr - We should modernize the forums and have it be completely optional, because people don't like change. Offering it to them as an alternative is better. Look at what happened to google+ and youtube...

What do I mean by Modernize?
  • Maybe introduce sliders instead of banners at the top of the page. let the user change or switch to whatever banner they'd like to see.
  • Update tabs, allow a drop down menu for quick access to specific things found in those tabs. Ex. Shop > inventory
  • Integrate the Toribash logo to either being you back to the main website. (Unless I'm challenged the only way to get back to toribash.com is to edit the URL.)
  • Add more profile customization such as a biography page so users can explain what they are like or just write about themselves.
  • Change those black gradient bars to something like a solid dark grey which looks more modern.
  • easy access to rules while writing posts in certain sub-forums. (for example a small window that outlines what to write and include).

All of these things should be discussed, it would be nice to implement something new to the forums that is Completely optional. People should have the choice to keep this current forum style if they just like the look. However I'm aware that some of these would be forced on others such as an optional profile autobiography or what have you. The website (in my opinion) is fairly outdated in looking. It would be nice to see something new.

This is just opinion and suggestion, comment your thoughts or feeling on it.

Just noticed that Mark0911 kind of made a similar thread but not detailed. If you want to merge thats fine or keep this.
Last edited by jump; Oct 26, 2015 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Grammar errors
Over all I agree. Mind you I dont want Toribash to become Toribook; I'd just like to see a bit of modernization on the forums in general. Over all I like the recommended ideas
Syylex
#toridating

But I do think that have more options for like a custom profile would be cool. Have some sort of showcase (like steam) for belts and achievements maybe.
I like the idea, but I don't think the gradient black bars need to be changed. The site looks fine and is functional as it is, but the rest of these are all good ideas so

S U P P O R T E D
Glimpsed
eh, i say remove the gradient.

imo the forums would be better with a more minimalistic slick-and-clean approach to its design.
Sslight I don't agree with what you said trust me it looks bad my phone is glitches and doesn't show them and it's super annoying trust me

Anyway I like your ideas they seem really solid and I'd like to see them happen and now with the player sponsored banners the slider idea seems to make more sense
-----
And goat
-----
http://www.toribash.com/usercard/Goat.png
Last edited by KDigityDog; Oct 27, 2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
The gradient, it makes the forums look like of an older style. And the main idea is great but has been suggested a lot. Since this is here anyway, suppurted
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
And goat
-----
http://www.toribash.com/usercard/Goat.png

Still, thats not displayed in the main profile. You have to go to SHOP of all places to find that information. The locations of some of these things seem illogical.
the usercard could use an uplift, too (although that might need some server work, don't know).

and yeah profile should be more customizable, with an option to add a description of yourself etc.
Regarding the whole aesthetics change idea-

I think a drop-down list of 'themes' could be cool. So, if you don't like how the fourms look, you could choose a different look, maybe even customize and make your own themes.
Glimpsed