Toribash
Original Post
unable to connect to multiplayer on new install
Yesterday I downloaded Toribash for the first time on this pc in an attempt to play with some friends, however it seems I can't connect to any multiplayer servers. Each time I connect to a room, I get a message in chat telling me that I need to download the newest version to play even though, as far as I can tell, I'm running the newest version (5.3).

I've already tried installing/reinstalling both the standalone version and the steam version, making sure the game is allowed through my firewall, disabling my antivirus, and updating the email and password for my account but am still experiencing the same issue. Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm out of ideas.
Judging by your login history, you're running some old version (not even 5.x).
Did you get Toribash from Steam or was it standalone? Steam always has the newest build, to get latest available standalone visit www.toribash.com/downloads.php
I'll grab some screenshots after work tonight. Anything specific you need to see or the more the better? As answered in the body of my original post, I'm definitely not running an old version. My first install of toribash on this PC was the 5.3 standalone two days ago, followed by uninstalling it and installing the steam version after being told I needed a newer version. The rest of my troubleshooting steps were performed on the steam version of the game.
That really sounds like firewall issue so it's odd if you have tried allowing it through firewall.

Just to make sure, you can see which version you run by an interface since 5.3 has a distinctive new interface. If you aren't seeing it then it must be an older version.

Should look like this

Also which OS are you using? It might have some compatibility issues.
Last edited by Smaguris; Jun 18, 2018 at 02:44 AM.
Yeah, that's the interface I see when I launch the game. It also shows 5.3 next to the fps counter. I'm on Windows 10.
-----
Here are some screenshots, hopefully formatted correctly. The first is the daily rewards screen, which always shows expired. The other two are the main interface, which should confirm that I'm on the latest version, and the chat log after attempting to join quick aikido 3. Attempting to join via /jo or attempting to /reconnect ends in the same result.

Screenshots

Last edited by toadfart; Jun 18, 2018 at 06:18 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
All right, so I've additionally tried multiple reinstalls, restarts, a new account and port forwarding all the ports TB uses according to the forum, and I'm still unable to connect to any multiplayer rooms. I guess short of partitioning off part of my hard drive and installing windows 7 I'm completely out of things to try.