Ranking
Myself and my apartment will all be playing the shit out of this game.

It is the prettiest, smartest video game I have ever seen.

My friend who did contract work for the Googles might be hooking me up with a beta pass through one of his connections for when they start opening up closed testing. Fingers crossed.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Myself and my apartment will all be playing the shit out of this game.

It is the prettiest, smartest video game I have ever seen.

My friend who did contract work for the Googles might be hooking me up with a beta pass through one of his connections for when they start opening up closed testing. Fingers crossed.

Well I hope you can join the cbt so you could give us more detailed information related to guild wars.
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
After watching the onstage prestige it made me feel that I wanted to be there to play the game. But unfortunately I can't play the game at PaxPrime since I don't even live in the US.
Originally Posted by luigy69 View Post
wow, amazing...
is it for free?

Fee: Buy to play, basically you buy it once and you're able to play the game without a fee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Wars 2: Multiple Guilds Allowed

The big Guild Wars 2 news from day two of PAX Prime was the announcement that players would be able to join an unlimited amount of guilds. Not a whole lot of information about this has been released yet, but what is known is that players will be able to choose, at any time, which guild they are affiliated.

Completing activities with guild-mates will earn players influence points for that guild, which can then be spent towards guild upgrades, such as storage or special in-game boosts. Guilds that meet certain requirements will also be able to capture keeps in World vs World vs World PvP and use their influence points to upgrade those keeps.

I’m not sure if I like the idea of being allowed to join multiple guilds. On one hand it allows you to switch from guild to guild if no one is online, so you aren’t sitting their in public chat LFGs to quest with. It also does away with guild hoppers since there’s really no reason for them to jump around anymore.

But on the other hand I think it it opens the door for players to game the system. A few guild rewards have already been mentioned, which all seem to be tied to the actual guild, but if any player rewards are introduced then I can see certain individuals joining as many guilds as possible just to get more rewards.

Some people also have argued that allowing multiple guilds will diminish guild loyalty, but I don’t buy that argument. Players who are not going to be loyal because of this are going to be the same people that jump from guild to guild.

A solution to this could be some sort of loyalty system built in where the more influence points you acquire for you guild the more loyalty rewards you get. However it would have to work in a tug-of-war like fashion where the more loyalty you gain with one guild the more you lose with your other guilds. This way players couldn’t game the system to get the loyalty rewards with more than one guild.

As more details to the Guild Wars 2 guild system are released in the final day at PAX, we’ll have the info for you.
Guild Wars 2 Will Allow Players to Create PvP Servers

Today via MMORPG.com some new information from PAX Prime was released in regard to Guild Wars 2 PvP servers. Lead Designers, Colin Johanson and Eric Flannum, stated that not only will players be able to create their own PvP servers, they will allow players to specify their own rule-sets.

WoW, it seems like ArenaNet really pushing and providing players with every possible tool to make sure Guild Wars 2 becomes a successful eSport. Another great addition to GuildWars 2, but I wonder how exactly it’ll work. Will guilds have to pay to get a private server or will it be an in-game reward for guilds? Or possibly the players themselves have to host their own server? How flexible are the rule-sets? Can players create their own PvP games? So many questions! Can’t wait to hear more.

Last edited by iNoTo; Aug 31, 2011 at 12:31 PM.