Ranking
Original Post
Openers
Hi there,

I wanted to know what you guys use as openers in tk... so far what I've found to be the most effective was going for a grab and proceeding to kick. However, I see that some players usually go for a defensive opener, dodge my kick and then build on that.

Basically I wanted to know if I'm doing it right.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
I usually just go for trying to get the first kick by moving closer to my opponent as fat as I can, or moving back and then jumping in for a kick after they've tried to land a hit. I haven't heard of much other efficient openers.
〈---[℘iℜatez]---[NO⍉T]---[⍉shi]---〉
Yo, know I'm not part of this org. yet, but didn't think it'd hurt to leave a response. ;o

I normally do a kick grab combo, so if they immediately kick I can grab there knee, and if they are playing defensively, I'll attempt to grab there hand and pull them towards me and wind up for a kick.

Made a quick example, silly uke tried to kick and grab me, so I properly rekd him.

Note this doesn't always work. :O
Attached Files
opener example.rpl (41.3 KB, 32 views)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I usually start with blocking opponents kicks and punches. After that, i'll hit/dm back.
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
Chaco: You basically use the same opener as me, which is getting a grab and phulling towards your opponent for a kick.

I will try a defensive approach today and see how it works.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
i most of time do of putting both hands on front,then,he can pull me and try to kick,and grab his leg with the other hand,being more defensive,at same time i go for the kick
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
I mix it up, Tk isn't like a lot of other mods, it is more similar to Chess in terms of strategy. You have to analyze where the opponent is leaving themselves open, once they catch onto you, how are they going to react, and how well can you do your move without the chance of a counter.Try to think three moves ahead. As someone who has been playing all of the Tk variant mods since the dawn of their creation, it's the best advice I can give you.
[fl0w][OoT][OLDA][Team Wushu]
Hum.. i use the relaxed noob clap in the first turn, in the second i press c (hold all) and i wait for the opponent's reaction.
Factory. Sometimes sleeping.
eSports: Neutral shovel opener which can punch snaps or turn it into a balanced clap/shovel position.

Casual: Hold all clap. Personal preference. If opponent is open for a kick I just kick him, otherwise it's countering his plays.
Last edited by Swepples; Sep 26, 2015 at 12:16 AM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]