Toribash
Original Post
Matchmaking feedback thread
With 5.0 we've added a new matchmaking feature for more competitive play. The system is still very much in development and I'd like to get community feedback on how we can make it better.

Here are a couple categories of things that have been brought up, to get the conversation started (Feel free to add new things, though):
  • Season length - currently set to 1 month, suggested 3
  • # of games played - currently BO3
  • Calculating global/category rank - currently elo is by mods and I think global rank is an average
  • Appropriate penalty for leaving matchmaking games

Below I'll try to compile the suggestions I receive:
  • Custom win/loss icons (In place of the current x/o)
  • Change selection icons to empty square / checkbox
  • Match history
  • Better notification/confirmation for matchmake

Known issues:
  • Elo penalty is applied to both users - should be fixed in next patch
  • Some users reporting that matchmaking isn't properly connecting them to a private room, instead moving them to a lobby with multiple players queued
  • Matchmaking seems to be selecting grappling regardless of category(s) selected
  • Matchmaking is not pausing while playing a fight
  • Matchmaking sometimes skips replay and goes straight to next fight
  • Grab status persisting between matchmaking fights, even if mod changes to one without grab
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 29, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I matched against myself lol. That was interesting xD fun doing it though, had a few matches against people
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
Also, you could add a closing button to the match making window, I spent like 2 mins trying to minimize it until I realized I had to drag it down all the way.

don't you just click the top of window?
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
With the release of matchmaking, we shouldn't have public ranked servers anymore. One of the largest appeals to having forced MM for rank was the inability to "target" your opponents intelligently / farm them.

I understand MM is acting a little glitchy right now, but once that's fixed we should remove Ranked Kicking, Striking, and Grappling and make rank exclusively acquired in matchmaking.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
With the release of matchmaking, we shouldn't have public ranked servers anymore. One of the largest appeals to having forced MM for rank was the inability to "target" your opponents intelligently / farm them.

I understand MM is acting a little glitchy right now, but once that's fixed we should remove Ranked Kicking, Striking, and Grappling and make rank exclusively acquired in matchmaking.

no more ranked tourney?
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
no more ranked tourney?

I wouldn't mind there being a tournament where the top 500 can compete, that's fine. But it shouldn't change your rank. Rank should only be changed by matchmaking once the system works.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
I wouldn't mind there being a tournament where the top 500 can compete, that's fine. But it shouldn't change your rank. Rank should only be changed by matchmaking once the system works.

i guess it really is a good solution to rank farming

what about the 1000 tc tourneys? its a pretty good way for new people to get tc rather than playing 100 games
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
what about the 1000 tc tourneys? its a pretty good way for new people to get tc rather than playing 100 games

Again, tournaments are fine. I have no complaints with tournaments. The idea is that matchmaking is the only way to acquire rank

Any room that doesn't change your rank is fine.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
The mod Reken.tbm seems like a dysfunctional mod with very little testing behind it. I'd like to hear some actual arguments why it's added.
Same goes for kickboxing. The kicking mods are absolute garbage atm.
Erth's "taido2 is a good mod because I say it is" doesn't really cut it.
I can list reasons why these are not good mods, but before that, someone needs to tell us why these are mods that should be in the competitive list.
Other than that, I'm really liking the new update. Thank you for it!

Also checked kicking only, got grappling like 3 times.
Apparently it doesnt matter what you check, youll just get whatever.
Last edited by panttersin; Mar 4, 2016 at 01:03 AM.