Toribash
Original Post
Bring Back HOTM
Is this a suggestion?

Not sure if it classifies but we need HOTM (also, its like the only thing that keeps me here (( )
Yeah i miss it now that i have the 2 weeks holidays.

But the question really is, if its worth it...

We barely got artists this time around.

Maybe a new idea would be an extended hotm for people who can't find much time. So that they are able to draw the texture without many concerns of time pressure. Maybe 2 months
a lot of the reason people left hotm was because there's a few artists who would always win, as they're already established, skilled artists. Perhaps if there was some way that newer artists would have a shot at winning something, there'd be more of a turnout.

I agree with shinitai.
I was one of those who didn't want to spend all this time making a head because i knew the good artists will win.

However, I can think of 3 ways to help bring the different levels closer to each other.

1.Letting people work together on one project. receiving the amount of TC divided by the amount of people who worked on it. This way the good artists will work alone because they believe in themselves. and the newer ones will work together, because they know they have a higher chance.

2.The judges should NOT focus on drawing quality, but on creativity and the idea it's based around. This way the new artists will also get to have a chance.

3.Asking for a description to come along with the drawing.
This way the new artists will also have a chance to step up their game by being better at describing their idea.

Only supported if everyone else can come up with some ideas to help improve the event.
Unless you think those 3 is enough to make it a great event.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
didn't they already say it was judged on creativity not skill?

its not hard to add a description for a drawing.

and letting people who aren't the best at drawing work together could end up creating a pretty screwey head texture cuz they don't know what the others want the head to look like and it could cause some problems, unless its 2 people then its cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
didn't they already say it was judged on creativity not skill?

Not sure about how the judges judge. I have only been in 1 of those events
and the person who won had a great quality head which looked very realistic.
So that was my guess.
It was long ago, I don't remember much if it.

its not hard to add a description for a drawing.

I never said it's hard. i guess i agree with your comment.

and letting people who aren't the best at drawing work together could end up creating a pretty screwey head texture cuz they don't know what the others want the head to look like and it could cause some problems, unless its 2 people then its cool.

I'm pretty sure people can communicate Kirito.
Why would they not know what others want ?
I'm not sure how you imagined a group of people working together.
But i meant 3 or 4 ( less or more ) people first talking about what they want to make
And criticizing the work together, fixing the flaws together.
The most skilled at drawing can draw the idea.
Artists ain't a bunch of kids scribbling a piece of paper.
If they are though. They stand no chance alone, to stand less when together.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
I mean, you bumped it. Good Job dude.

But let's be serious and read the previous posts from January. Most people didn't even participate because of skilled artists always winning. Kind of a buzz kill if you ask me for any aspiring artists for this game.

Hell, I only competed one time because I knew I couldn't win. Anime and Cartoon rarely wins because Realism and Robot shit always wins for some reason. Literally just not skilled enough to compete with You and Calamity, for example. Now if I really tried hard could i? Maybe. But Cartoon doesn't come close to par with Realism.

Therefore, this will probably not start up again unless an ES member wants to do it (and is okay in general to do. idfk I just draw for them.)

Looking at Kirito's post. Was it judged on creativity and not skill? Well, you could be creative as fuck but you need to have some amount of skill to even have a chance. Doesn't matter what they say. It will be based on if it looks good or not.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; May 29, 2017 at 11:12 AM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
I mean, you bumped it. Good Job dude.

But let's be serious and read the previous posts from January. Most people didn't even participate because of skilled artists always winning. Kind of a buzz kill if you ask me for any aspiring artists for this game.

Hell, I only competed one time because I knew I couldn't win. Anime and Cartoon rarely wins because Realism and Robot shit always wins for some reason. Literally just not skilled enough to compete with You and Calamity, for example. Now if I really tried hard could i? Maybe. But Cartoon doesn't come close to par with Realism.

Therefore, this will probably not start up again unless an ES member wants to do it (and is okay in general to do. idfk I just draw for them.)

Looking at Kirito's post. Was it judged on creativity and not skill? Well, you could be creative as fuck but you need to have some amount of skill to even have a chance. Doesn't matter what they say. It will be based on if it looks good or not.

: (

ok thats somewhat fair

but I just want some sort of art competition ; I

not sure how to fix the problem you had...

maybe you can't win two times in a row?

honestly Im not asking for HOTM back because I want to try to win and get prizes

i legit just want an event for art because I feel like its hardly represented in the events board

srsly tho im not trying to like win it or something.

i dont want to participate tbh if it stops new artists from joining it...

idk tho

: (

i see the problems with it... its just the only cool art competition

maybe they could split the winners, one cartoon and one realistic?

idk : (