Toribash
Original Post
Fav Song
What would be your number 1 fav song? Mine would be

Busta Rhymes - Why Stop Now (Explicit) ft. Chris Brown
<ZENBOY123> "Skip"
<SkipBySkip> "Shit, what have I done now?
Moved the thread for you to the proper section. Please be more careful in the future mate.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
i couldn't possibly narrow it down to 1 so i will make a list instead. sorry for dodging the point of the thread a bit.

the third track from Gas - Pop is probably a huge contender.

Autechre - Maetl is one that i can't really explain, it really strikes a chord with me for some reason, i love the kind of mood it sets. probably a weird choice since it's one of their weaker albums though. the first time listening through the album i didn't really care for it, but Larfen reminded me this song existed in irc and since then it's one of my favourites.

Autechre - Montreal is also incredible

Aphex Twin - XMAS_EVET10, which is funny because im not even a huge afx fan but everything in this song seems to go and sound exactly as i want it to.

Cignol - Public Expenditure. i found this track a few weeks after it came out and i just CANNOT refuse a groove out break whenever it comes on.

honorable mentions to some of William Basinski's Disintegration Loops; Future Sound of London - Vertical Pig; Steve Roach - Quiet Friend; Boards of Canada - Jacquard Causeway.

looking back this is kind of a shit list, too much Warp wank and etc but i think very few of those are in any of my favourite albums so it's mostly coincidental.

EDIT adding this hot fire, i cant believe i forgot about this Photek - The Third Sequence
Last edited by pusga; May 16, 2016 at 06:49 PM.
oh yeah
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY FAVORITE SONG

There is only one thing that came to mine when I saw the title of this thread:

Mercury Rev - Chasing a Bee

I highly encourage that you listen to this without my gushing first, I could "spoil" it. And yes I do post this song in like every thread on this board but it's because it's that good

This is a fucking masterpiece of psychedelic rock. In essence, it's a rollercoaster ride. It's the start of an album so it's pretty good at standing on its own as well. It starts by floating in on some feedback, then the acoustic guitar strumming and dripping, shimmering, reverb-heavy electric guitar pluckings lay the groundwork of the song. Some fun sound effects add a nice flair to it as well. The vocalist comes in with absurd lyrics, giving the song a playful feel: they're not serious. Then, the first slightly coherent lyrics come in: "It's not as easy as it may seem / Remember that yerself is steam." (your self-esteem). Puns. Then the chorus plows its way in, showing the noisiness that will hang over the rest of the track. A vocalist who can actually sing takes over at this point. You'll notice that the guitars are basically playing the same notes as the verse, except with a fuckton of distortion on top. The noise leaks into the start of the second verse, which then goes on like the first, with silly lyrics. There's a flute now too! The lyrics start to make you question if the playfulness has gone away ("sheep being led / to sacrificial slaughter / they don't mind / but they oughta"), and this question may or may not be resolved. The second chorus comes in like the first, but then the real fun starts. The noise gets turned up to 11, and the guitarist freaks the fuck out. It sounds like the guitar's about to explode. Every time I listen to this part, the hair on my head stands up, and I feel shivers. I can't stress enough how insanely good this is to my ears. La la's and doots from the flute keep it grounded and happy. Remember, it's a roller coaster! It might be scary but you know that it's safe and fun, so you can let yourself feel the adrenaline rush without being truly frightened by the loudness. Or is it really safe?? One more verse, feeling a bit fatigued from the insanity, then it blasts into another chorus somehow. The guitar has been tamed, the loudness is focused into a truly transcendent melody. One more guitar freakout, just when you thought you couldn't handle another one, and it finally dissipates for the last time. The vocalist's final words are the most poignant: "What once was lost will never be found / Keep spinning in circles 'till you break new ground." The song slowly strips back all of its parts and fades out, leaving you to ponder what the fuck just happened to you. The album continues after this, but I always feel like everything past this song is an afterthought.

I don't hesitate at all to call it genius. I know that was the most pretentious thing you've ever read, but I genuinely mean everything I wrote. It's my favorite song, after all.

Note: there are actually a lot of songs that will evoke this kind of fanboying from me, but they're kinda dependent on the album around them. This is the only song that I can gush over without gushing over the entire album.

Also nice songs pusga, Autechre is my jam obviously, but my favorite tracks are different. Bike (1:30 is where my mind gets blown) and Tewe are two favorites for me.
Last edited by Larfen; Apr 21, 2016 at 05:49 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Its really hard to pick a favorite song.... if I had to pick one though it would be Kdrew - Bullseye 100BMP, because this was the song that introduced me to electronic music and caused me to delve into the categories of music that I now call my favorites today.

AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Its really hard to pick a favorite song.... if I had to pick one though it would be Kdrew - Bullseye 100BMP, because this was the song that introduced me to electronic music and caused me to delve into the categories of music that I now call my favorites today.

Yoy know kdrew too? wew, his music is awesome yea, my favourite is :

And signals and of course bulls eye.
Proud member of Thief
death grips - 80808

the lyrics are pure genius or whatever

"aye doe, aye doe, aye doe, bite that"

amazing.
shmevin stop
I can't pick one between these 3. They're so amazing. The first one sounds amazing With my Audio Technica ATH-M30x's. Better than with my regular earpuds i use. The second one is also just amazing and so is the third cover what is written and originally made by Greg Holden who's one of my favorite artists even though the lyrics in this song aren't the most desirable in my opinion but either ways i love it. Dunno if anyone else really likes this kind of music because most people find these kind of songs songs depressive and such but i absolutely love this kind of music.

But if i seriously had to choose between these 3 it probably would be... the second one(Forest Fires by Axel Flóvent)
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]