ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
A Forum Starter for Newbies
So i just recently thought of this. Admins can introduce themselves to make the player aware of who are administrators. So admins can make threads and newbies can ask questions. But there is more:

A player will have a kit of instructions and tutorials of what the forum is all about. Also, there could be a thread for People under blue belt to get them the feeling of how fun the forums can be, and if they feel good enough to not use it anymore. Why? Because my feeling is that players may have trouble with the forums and put them off . Getting them used to the forums can make them more comfortable. Doing this could get more players to come on the forums rather than stay in game not noticing till they are brown belt (lol).
[insert generic quotes from certain players]
From what I'm gathering, the first thing you're asking for is a thread (or series of threads) in which admins introduce themselves and take questions regarding anything Toribash related. We already have something similar to that though, the ask the staff thread in Rapid Threads.

The second thing you're asking for, the tutorial kit, could be accomplished by doing something slightly different I think. This might already be happening (I haven't created an account in ages), but new members should get an introductory PM from the ToriBot (or something) containing a bunch of helpful links referring them to helpful threads for beginners (there's heaps to choose from).
---
Defs agree that we should be doing more to push newbies to the forums and doing more to retain them. It's not the biggest priority right now though (fixing the game is (or maybe TB Next is)), but that ToriBot PM thing seems easily doable if it's not already happening.
Last edited by Ele; Jul 1, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
From what I'm gathering, the first thing you're asking for is a thread (or series of threads) in which admins introduce themselves and take questions regarding anything Toribash related. We already have something similar to that though, the ask the staff thread in Rapid Threads.

The second thing you're asking for, the tutorial kit, could be accomplished by doing something slightly different I think. This might already be happening (I haven't created an account in ages), but new members should get an introductory PM from the ToriBot (or something) containing a bunch of helpful links referring them to helpful threads for beginners (there's heaps to choose from).
---
Defs agree that we should be doing more to push newbies to the forums and doing more to retain them. It's not the biggest priority right now though (fixing the game is (or maybe TB Next is)), but that ToriBot PM thing seems easily doable if it's not already happening.

Yeah. The first part is already a thing. The second one you mentioned is a great idea where a tori bot shows basics and tips. Another feature could be to get players aware of forums is by showing it in the tutorial where screenshots can be seen to show how much fun you can have ingame and forums together instead of people finding it out later on
[insert generic quotes from certain players]