View Poll Results: Yes if you like shoveling, No if you don't
Yes
25 Votes / 64.10%
No
14 Votes / 35.90%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Eddylee View Post
You really dont have to counter a grab. Doing what you said is basically just lifting

Still have to learn :P
Anyway, I use their force againsy them by forcing my feet, shoulders, hips and pics to push and dq him. Also, if the enemy has no chances you can take your feet from ground and do a dive while you are above the enemy, this works if you relax some parts of legs.

P.S. if the enemy is tangoing with you and tries to rotate you, use the shoulders and pics in the counter sense and rotate to left or right depending on situation, also you must have enough power to rotate him and get a lot of OMG and LOL spams on chat.
Don' t forget the chest!!!
Last edited by ESoldier25; Dec 18, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
Originally Posted by ESoldier25 View Post
8. If you want to counter an enemy grabbing you, try to grab him and use the shoulders and hips. This will give you enough power to send him to a short trip

Dont do this.

This is called shoveling/lifting and it is not good.
-----
Originally Posted by ESoldier25 View Post
Still have to learn :P
Anyway, I use their force againsy them by forcing my feet, shoulders, hips and pics to push and dq him. Also, if the enemy has no chances you can take your feet from ground and do a dive while you are above the enemy, this works if you relax some parts of legs.

P.S. if the enemy is tangoing with you and tries to rotate you, use the shoulders and pics in the counter sense and rotate to left or right depending on situation, also you must have enough power to rotate him and get a lot of OMG and LOL spams on chat.
Don' t forget the chest!!!

Or you could use his momentum against him instead of trying to remove the momentum by counter movements. It will look nicer and shows more skill.
I use their force againsy them by forcing my feet, shoulders, hips and pics to push and dq him.

No you aren't. You apply upward force (your own) so they lose their base (no feet on ground) and push them (Your own force to push them). You aren't really using their force against them. You are just using your force against theirs. Dont shovel.
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Dec 18, 2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

i am a bird now - Lil B

in this case sometimes is better follow your oponent momentum at the point of "overload" that will make you be on a better stance and your oponent might keep going towards your self (pull) , one example of this are mostly viewed at Aikidobigdojo.tbm with the saves at the edge and using your oponent momentum to pull it out of the dojo , also is a bit used no grab mods like the current tourney mod stabjutsu_original.tbm , in that mod is easy make your oponent go out of the ring with the help of the gravity and the momentum.
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Originally Posted by JenssonFTW View Post
in this case sometimes is better follow your oponent momentum at the point of "overload" that will make you be on a better stance and your oponent might keep going towards your self (pull) , one example of this are mostly viewed at Aikidobigdojo.tbm with the saves at the edge and using your oponent momentum to pull it out of the dojo , also is a bit used no grab mods like the current tourney mod stabjutsu_original.tbm , in that mod is easy make your oponent go out of the ring with the help of the gravity and the momentum.

I have a replay that shows this almost perfectly and will post it later
-----
Added replays with some explantion about momentum
Last edited by Eddylee; Dec 19, 2014 at 04:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Don't Be Racist
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post

Karstnator:
Enjoy the game. Challenge yourself, not only to wins but to do stuff you'd enjoy to do. Don't go for the easy win. Being a good player means you are able to handle the tough positions and you can learn that only while being in tough positions.
This video was quite nice iirc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d679oJyDdk

:^}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post

This is called shoveling/lifting and is really good.
-----

Or you could use his momentum against him instead of trying to remove the momentum by counter movements. It will look nicer and shows more skill.

No you aren't. You apply upward force (your own) so they lose their base (no feet on ground) and push them (Your own force to push them). You aren't really using their force against them. You are just using your force against theirs. Shovelling is good..

I agree, shovelling can be an effective move, people tend to get upset though...
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
I agree, shovelling can be an effective move, people tend to get upset though...

Yes, it can be effective but you dont really learn from it. I've been shoveled a lot and when I counter it they have no idea how to save themselves. In order to get better you must understand how to play offensive and defensive.
And why did you change my quotes so it looks like I love shoveling lol. shoveling is lame
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Jan 11, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

You'll learn nothing in easy matches and a passive environment. If you really REALLY want to learn fast, purposely put yourself in a dangerous situation. That way, a tight moment will be more natural to you and you'll have more knowledge about your situation and confidence in yourself.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
when i started i found playing around with the uke bot in low turn frames helped me understand how my tori works then slowly increasing them and seeing what steps i can eliminate. also upgrading can change play havoc with newer players relying purely on the ghost.
if you want to add this to the tips, when i was a lower belt, for aikido i would go into Fight Uke and look at his joints and immitate them until i rememberd them perfectly then i would go into multiplayer and practice that move until i saw another opener to do just keep doing that until you understand what your doing and for other mods: If you see a mod in multiplayer you havent seen or heard of before, Go in singleplayer mess with it until you get it and then go in multiplayer and test if you really do know what your doing if not then go back in singleplayer Practice and testing is key
#omegaatebooty k0hta'sfather static'sfirstdaddy