Toribash
I believe there should at least be compensation if u can't get the same exact items in the next game I agree with the points made here. If it's too hard to convert everything then players that have put so much time and money into the game should get something in return if everything isnt going to be transferred.
Plottin' on me! They're plottin' on me!
DropKick | R.I.P. [JollyR] | [RelaxAll]
Originally Posted by King View Post

Just to give a idea of why I'm upset personally here is a break down of the cost (roughly),
art body/joints 25$
deac. inv. 650k tc
Actual art (if it does look messed up) 250$+
kung fu master beard 45$
Tc will transfer over I've been told, but if not 10.3kk (320$)
total = (roughly) 650$

I feel bad for all the collectors (starfield, epoch, rythm, etc)

Last edited by snake; Jan 9, 2024 at 05:08 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Good thread

I'm cautiously hype, I'm fully expecting all the nuance and depth that makes Toribash so amazing to be gone, simply because the physics aren't a 1:1 copy.
However, that means the physics are new, and hopefully as we explore them we will find new things that will serve as the actual cornerstones of gameplay. (such as currently ghosting, boomhits, grab-fracs/dms, etc)

The biggest change should (hopefully) be a much wider set of possibilities for modding. The parkour scene in Toribash could definitely use some real buildings to jump off of, the sparring scene same thing.

Overall, I'm sure it will be good given Sir (or whoever is actually the dev today) is open to changing the physics if they are too realistic and that ends up being boring, or whatever other hiccup causes the game to not have the same depth we currently have.
We should remember that Toribash Next was never a great idea, and it's a huge luxury that passionate people have been working to make this happen at all.

On the topic of items: I just hope there is some kind of homage paid to original inventory, even it's worthless. Perhaps make all current items into TB:Next untradeable collectors-items? It's a lot of work but it'd mean a lot to many players I believe.

From dev's perspective though, who tf cares. The community will start amassing the new items instead, and it could drive sales and economy around the newer things.
PM me with any and all questions
Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
Just another game really

hardly
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
On the topic of items: I just hope there is some kind of homage paid to original inventory, even it's worthless. Perhaps make all current items into TB:Next untradeable collectors-items? It's a lot of work but it'd mean a lot to many players I believe.

From dev's perspective though, who tf cares. The community will start amassing the new items instead, and it could drive sales and economy around the newer things.[/QUOTE]

like in the original post, its been 7 years. With us purchasing Custom 3d items, buying tc, battlepasses. The items are a huge part of TB. 50% of CL is people trying to achieve custom items. I think it would be totally fair for us to want our items (at least best/oldest/rarest) to transfer over.
I guess as someone who hasn't spent anything in the game, and doesn't really focus on dueling or collecting items, I only wonder if it'll be as fun to throw your body around at other people. If not, then I guess I'll just stay on the old game? If it is fun, but it's even more dead than the old game, I'll just live with it.
Why are some acting like you'll be forced to start playing the new game instead? Just continue to play the old, or do what I'm probably going to do, and just play both whenever I feel like. Obviously if I realize I don't like NEXT, I'm just not going to play it, because realistically at best case scenario the game might have half the current player base at least play it often, and not even a quarter actually deciding to stay on it. I can understand you collectors and other people with expensive items (I don't, cause I don't buy shit.) but if it doesn't transfer over, then it doesn't exactly matter since it's not like the regular Toribash is just going defunct or something, just chill on the OG game.

Honestly, I predict we see newer players decide to switch to NEXT instead of the senior citizens after they realize nothing involving inventory is going to happen, so they'll just stay on Toribash anyway.
Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
Why are some acting like you'll be forced to start playing the new game instead? Just continue to play the old, or do what I'm probably going to do, and just play both whenever I feel like. Obviously if I realize I don't like NEXT, I'm just not going to play it, because realistically at best case scenario the game might have half the current player base at least play it often, and not even a quarter actually deciding to stay on it. I can understand you collectors and other people with expensive items (I don't, cause I don't buy shit.) but if it doesn't transfer over, then it doesn't exactly matter since it's not like the regular Toribash is just going defunct or something, just chill on the OG game.

Honestly, I predict we see newer players decide to switch to NEXT instead of the senior citizens after they realize nothing involving inventory is going to happen, so they'll just stay on Toribash anyway.

you clearly misunderstood the whole point of this post. I'm glad nothing will hold you back from the transfer, but for those who put so much time into this will lost their efforts. The original post is to show that those who will stay, will stay for nothing. Because people like you and others who dont have much to lose when they move on it will leave the old Tb community with less and less. Thats the WHOLE point of this post if nothing can transfer over.
We just got the ultimate clan war then, Toribash Next players, vs Toribash OGs. Maybe this will finally kill the game, so people stop wasting money.