ES Recruitment Drive
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Free Forum Usability Improvements
Hey all,

My suggestion is to implement a free search in some capacity. I understand server load is probably a concern, so the search could be limited in history, forum, times per day, limit it by age of account/qi of account/posts on account or other ways to make the load negligible but still allow a more functional forum for free users.

A couple of examples:
The new Toribash Next thread, i have no idea what the most recent information in the thread is because i can't look up hampa's posts or search for hampa within the thread.
This suggestion forum, rule number 4 says i should check if my feature has already been suggested. The only way for me to do that is look through all the posts.

I think that if we looked at forum usage rate we would see that there is a large number of people who just don't bother with the forum. I know i left my clan when they implemented a forum use rule, which isn't here or there, but if it was more functional without paying money i may have been using it on my own before the clan required it.