Toribash
Original Post
College Tips
hey, i'm going to college and i've already had tips from creati0n and i just want more tips on what should i mainly be looking for in classes or what's your personal experience in college, should i live on campus or off campus,etc.
don't hand in anything late. if you do, your mark will drop faster than a brick in water.

you don't need to be there for every class, but you do need to keep up to date. if you aren't already, check with teachers for any assignments you might've missed, or upcoming assignments you might not know about. if your school uses blackboard or another mobile app to update grades and assignments, use that shit so hard.

if you can afford to live off campus, i suggest doing it. it'll cut down your debt later in life, especially if you're living with a friend, relative, or S/O. only live on campus if you don't have any other alternatives.

learning to cook for yourself is key if you plan on living by yourself or with a friend, and get creative. you may end up living on noodle cups for a couple weeks, so don't stress about it, try and think up cheap dishes to eat, and include the food groups if you can. healthy diet is key to productivity.

overall, don't slack off and make sure you keep handing in your projects and workloads on time and you'll be golden. watch your money and keep everything as cost efficient as you can.
good luck with college, bro <3
Hey, so I am living in Germany and it might be a bit different here for universities, but the best tip I ever received is to visit the meetings in your introduction week (if something like that exists in colleges). It's like a week or a few days where you learn about the campus, the buildings, rooms etc. before your college life starts. That's all already helpful but it's soooooooo important to already get some connections going to your fellow students and make some friends. All the friends groups are going to be built up right at that point and in 90% of the cases they will stay like that till the end and it will be much much harder to break into a circle of those groups later. They will be your project group partners, your lunch break company and in the best cases your party crowd. Talk to the people, make friends and you will have a muuuuuuch easier college life, trust me. The lone wolf number is not going to work. Don't be afraid to talk! Good luck and have fun!
That's what i like to see boys! Amazing tips, and yeah destram over here in my college campus we have a school in person orientation which is approximately around 4 hours where they'll teach you about the campus, the buildings, rooms, and etc. What are your personal experiences on hanging out at parties and such by college people?, i'm not really a party type of person but i've gone to parties and get invited every so often but they're mostly parties to get drunk/high or have sex, i don't really find any fun in that since im just meeting up mostly with random people and just getting drunk and shit, i find it kinda boring honestly
From the top of my head:

-never buy books new unless absolutely necessary

-don't get on your prof's badside

-knock before entering rooms during parties

-make friends with people years above you

-carry some protection with you whenever you head out (assuming you're a guy). Never trust someone else's for all you know they had it in their pocket for the whole day and the integrity of it has gone down the shitter

-before doing any reading look for the thesis of it first

-never have complete trust in others during group assignments

College/uni life is pretty fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Just be prepared to teach yourself things. Uni is different, professors may not care whether you pass or fail. The classes move a lot faster, ask questions as often as you can, my professors so far don’t answer questions on anything other than the material being covered that day.

Keep all of your assignments. Use them to study for your finals.
www.ratemyprofessor.com (i think is what its called) is super useful, use it to decide which sections of a course you want to take/avoid

Oh, and go to class. Go to class, go to class, and go to class. Even if you feel like you can afford to take a day off, discepline yourself to do the right thing.
Last edited by TyZi; May 16, 2018 at 01:35 AM.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by oksasha View Post
What are your personal experiences on hanging out at parties and such by college people?, i'm not really a party type of person but i've gone to parties and get invited every so often but they're mostly parties to get drunk/high or have sex, i don't really find any fun in that since im just meeting up mostly with random people and just getting drunk and shit, i find it kinda boring honestly

Well tbh most people are similar to you, but I guess it depends on the college/city/subject area what people are like when it comes to parties. But in my experience the majority is just trying to make connections to not feel lonely, not to get wasted every saturday. They won't be too different from you and when you can catch some nice talks while having 2 or 3 drinks at a party then it's just benificial. Just make sure to not put on an act pretending like you love partying and getting wasted when you don't. There are always people that share your interests and parties can be a tool to find them.
College in the Uk is probably a bit different, but I would say turn up to every class if you can, don't be late with handing in assignments. You should also do your research and check a few sources and reference the sources you have used, also try not to copy stuff because you can get done for plagiarising, which has consequences.
[Parrot], [Alpha], [Parrot], [WAPOW]
[NOoT], [TL] and [TA]
Clan League 2016 2nd place holder.
Clan League 2017 1st place holder.
Honestly man, I would say just keep motivated. It's gonna be hard to keep on task at first but if you stay focused, you will have no problem completing college.
thanks guys, tyzi i was also reading about an article about how it's important to go to class and it said "go to class by all means, you can go to class all the time and the day you decide to miss class is the day the professor could be giving all important information and such and you weren't there to listen to it."