Toribash
Original Post
Training: Judo
Hello, Kradel here. I am back with another tutorial for you guys. I will stop with the colors for now (unless you want them back) as they weren't favoured in my previous tutorials. I've also changed the name of this series.

Lesson 1 (What is it?): Okay, so you want to know what Judo is? Judo is a very interesting mod. It has many cool aspects. Let's start with the close engage distance. The engage distance in Judo is one thing that seperates it from other mods in a huge way. This engage distance allows you to get right into the action! The gravity and dismemberment threshold assist the engage distance in great mix of random dms and epic kicks, punches and headbutt leading to quick and easy wins! Though you may not always win as Judo is classed as a luck mod. Since you are so close to your opponent and the turn frames have a big gap in between means your first move will determine whether you win or lose.

Lesson 2 (Openers): The amount of opener combinations in Judo is massive! This is why you need to make sure yours is the best one out there! A kick is a very trustworthy opener in Judo. Unless your opponent deflects your kick, your chances of dismembering your opponent is very high. A kick normally sends the dismembered body part flying away. Meaning a disqualification for your opponent soon. An opener as cheap as the shoulder grab may not always give you the win though!

Lesson 3 (Mid-Match): So you are halfway through a match and you and your opponent aren't near each other? Comebacks...One thing Judo isn't famous for. The long turn frames in Judo can make it tricky for a beginner to make a comeback. Which is why your ghost is there! For a good chance of not messing up a comeback. Watch your ghost up to the point it fades for the best idea of knowing whether you'll fail or not. As far as positions for comebacks go. Anything that pushes you to your opponent is good. Thanks to the gravity.
If you are in a situation where you and your opponent are grabbing hands and you can't do much. Go for a kick, cheap points but it wins the game.

Lesson 4 (Other): Any questions you have will be answered here.

If this lesson lacked anything. Tell me, I haven't done this in a while.
Last edited by Kradel; Sep 28, 2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Mistakes.
blue
pink
how is this a lesson when this is literally just a basic explanation of the mod

if this is truly a tutorial why isn't it in the tutorial section

you haven't really told anyone anything except how the mod works and that kicks are good
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Not much to judo. Also, if someone wants an actual teaching lesson in game they can ask.
blue
pink
actually, u forgot to mention that for beginners they try to make and opener while that would them if they cant do a comeback :3
-----
and u forgot to mention that judo is one the most fun mods in TB
Last edited by Loki; Sep 30, 2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur