people playing: 113, servers online: 35, games played: 142,152,871 Top Player: McFarbo

Toribash Community » Toribash » Art
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Oct 5, 2018   #1
kingmonste

3rd Dan Black Belt

My Remake
So I recently learned a few new things and applied them to an old head texture. (By old i mean a couple of weeks ago)

Looking for anyone to tell me what I am doing right/wrong, and what I should continue/cease to do. I am currently trying to figure how to make more defined lips, or mor detail around the mouth. I have no idea what I will do for the hair. Have been using just brush and eyedropper as some swear by it.

Old

New

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by kingmonste; Oct 5, 2018 at 08:26 AM..
kingmonste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2018   #2
WeppetKo

8th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Origin

Right now the head seems like a collage of pieces: eyes, nose and mouth all have different quality (eyes being VERY blurry). The face is too high, you generally want the eyes to be around the middle of the head, try to lower it a bit.

Other than that there's not much going on, so try to improve the quality of the face before moving on to complete the rest of the face. Hair can be tedious but once you get the pattern down it's an easy task.
Art.
Want to join Origin? Visit this thread.
WeppetKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2018   #3
kingmonste

3rd Dan Black Belt

Bump
--------------
Redid the eyes so they aren't so blurry, and adjusted the face a bit. Hair wasn't too hard with path tool for shape. It didn't map the way I expected but thats a different issue I need to work on. I don't know what I can add in terms of smaller details. I tried adding a couple hair tuffs but that didn't work out too well. I'd consider close to done I think though.

New

Old Oct 14, 2018   #4
Stance

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Budo

I don't like how the hair color has nothing to do with the rest of the head. The eye color has the same problem it doesn't even go together as a good color scheme IMO. The head itself is nice but I feel like the colors mess it up.

Now if you were gonna make a set and those were the 2 colors I wouldn't care as much.
Join (Budo) Here --> Here
Stance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018   #5
kingmonste

3rd Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Stance View Post
Now if you were gonna make a set and those were the 2 colors I wouldn't care as much.

Well that's the general idea. You see, they are the colors vampire (hair) and dragon (eyes) as those are the colors of my tori. I plan to start working on a new set next. This is all to replace my set of the past 8 or so years.
Old Nov 5, 2018   #6
kingmonste

3rd Dan Black Belt

Bumpity
--------------
How can this improve?
Old Nov 5, 2018   #7
Mummyking

Black Belt
Clan: Liquor

Just do what weppet said single in on a style you like and stick to it either go more detailed in the eyes nose or mouth or go more simplistic but try to singled in on one style
Need a set? pm me
Fuck Aurarian
Mummyking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2018   #8
kingmonste

3rd Dan Black Belt

What are things i can do to add more detail though?
Old Nov 5, 2018   #9
Mummyking

Black Belt
Clan: Liquor

Make it less blurry make the shading more evident and clear and play around with the nose and find a proportion and level of detail you like
Need a set? pm me
Fuck Aurarian
Mummyking is online now   Reply With Quote