Ranking
Original Post
[BM]Zinx's Ultimate Toribash guide
Zinx’s Guide To Toribash

Introduction:
Toribash is a game created by the NAbi Studios, In toribash you can master multiplayer combat or practice techniques in single player. There are 20 joints on each tori. You can move each joint in 4 main different ways (relax, hold, contract/lower, extend/raise) Just like a human the most powerful joints are the knees and legs. This is a guide I created over my break to help newcomers graduate and progress through out the game. Some explanations are more advanced and should be looked at only after knowing briefly the meaning.

Gaining tc: There are many ways to gain tc,
Texture making
Tournaments in-game
Design competition board
Game competition board
offical servers gaining 10 tc per win
Boosters
Buying tc
Buy low on market and sell high.
Betting in-game

Toribash Fourms : The fourms are/is a place for toribash players to mingle, If you think before posting and try to maintain good reputation the fourms will be a fun place for you. If you want help post in support or beginner secretary boards, read the rules for each board (stickes) before posting to keep the chances of useless posting down and offtopic posts.

Infractions : Infractions are given out by mods/smods, think of them as warnings and if you get 10 you get a few days banned, different violations mean different amounts of infractions.

Texture making : Textures are made with any multiple of 128x128 (256x256). To equip textures you most buy the textures in the shop. Texture stealing can conclude in infractions to IP bans.

Irc : Irc is a messenger for toribash members, #toribash is the most popular but watch out there are “internet tough guys” every step of the way. You can join #support to ask short questions by typing the full name of the person you wish to speak to, and they will hear a “bing” and be there with-in seconds to help out.

How to report : You can report posts by using the button found in the bottom left of every post.
You can report a bug/trouble shooting under the support board.
Any quick questions that imply you being a new member go under beginner secretary
Scamming goes under support board
Password stealing, Lost password, important stuff, pm admins.

Clan : A clan should be a group of people you should have similar views with, You wear the tag in-game and chat in the boards, Becoming offical is a great achivment and you can do this by firstly reading the following link http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=111702

Offical Servers in Multiplayer: Offical servers can be played according to your belt Begginer : Yellow or lower. Intermediate : Green or lower. Semi-pro : White to brown. Black belt : Black belt and up.
Each win in offical servers gives you 10 tc and 10 qi

Betting : Betting is a new thing to toribash, you can bet for some one by /bet (amount of tc) (name of player). The more tc you bet, the more tc you win or lose.

How to become an admin : You can’t so stop asking

Decaps :
Decaps or decapitations are when your tori removes the head of another, These can be done in hold or relax. Beginners should start out decapping with hold at 200 or 250 engage distance (can be found under setup in gamerules). When decapping the most powerful joints to use are the knees. First there should be a jump which levels and aims your foot near tori’s neck (neck is the weakest link of the head and is where to aim for) When your knee or whichever joint you are going to use to decap uke (strong joint) is within a short distance away from uke’s neck quickly extend and push with all your joints for a powerful swipe to decap uke.
Picture 6.jpg

Examples :

More tutorials on decaping :

Running with hold : (running.tbm game-rules) In running the most important thing is the opener. Each persons opener is unique to there style of running, The most common and popular opener to running is Verax’s run which can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLquVtVl_k
In nearly all running opener you contract you abs and hips. After this you push your legs to get good balance. You should aim for a push point as shown in the following screen shot, this creates the next steps easier.
After this beging slowly walking or running, to do this you most contract one hip and either relax or contract a knee while keeping other joints the same as the opener had. Than you most do the same but to the other leg, and whilst you do this extend your hip on the same side of which you stepped.
This screenie shows what each (while holding) step should aim for, to create each following steps easier.
Picture 7.jpg

Rotating your chest can contain Balance and bending your lumbar, I personally also contract my ankles to give me easier steps.

Relax Advanced Running :
Relax running is very much the same as hold because the balancing is always the same in hold running, it can be maintained by moving lumbar and rotate.. The main difference is the opener.
Relax running is very difficult and takes a lot of single-player practice

Jousting: Jousting is usally fought in symmetry because it is easily defendable and attack, Jousting is usually looked down upon as a noob mod. When playing jousting you should look for aiming towards the head. Some of the best moves in jousting are simply 4 joint moves. Some moves counter others, and that is what truly makes a good jousting move.

Aikido : Akkido is personally one of my favorite mods, Each person has there own move, unlike most mods akkido doesn’t mainly depend on the first few frames (opener). In this mod you most try and make uke DQ inside the dojo or outside. To do this you may either push or flip uke, Your main joints are the shoulders and the hips of which push and/or flip uke. Akkido has very high gravity which forces it to become harder to do so.

Conclusion : Post here if you have anything you wish to add (another short tutorial on something) or advice/tips to me or questions you wished to be answered.

More Coming

-Zinx out
Attached Images
Picture 8.jpg (15.5 KB, 205 views)
Last edited by Ezeth; May 7, 2012 at 05:25 AM.
Thanks, But I'm looking for good feedback and more short tuts to be posted,
Zinx, something was wrong with my game. Whenever i clicked the joints like 4 or 5 times, it only showed Hold and Relax. What do i do?
Do you want really good info on things like how much something is or how to grab a friend? Then you should ask me about them or other questions!
Angelman: Setup -> Options -> Mouse Buttons 1
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Thanks man, I always wanted to learn how to run in relax state.
I'd give you +rep if the reputation system still works.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lucent | Solax | Orfeas | Math | Virtue | Rick | Shmevin | Noah
Fans & Buddies
I just wanna know how to set knockout mode in game ?

And how to make private room?
Kosuke758: Private room: /private Knockout mode: /knockout
Do you want really good info on things like how much something is or how to grab a friend? Then you should ask me about them or other questions!
Nice Job Man! A couple spelling errors and grammatical errors, but that's the best overall Tutorial I've seen!
Former Toribasher. Never any good though.
Rest in peace Tint.