Toribash
Original Post
Report Ingame
Hello I wanted to ask if they was a probability to make a easier way of reporting people In game like when you left click on someone name you got some option like add buddie and things it would be cool if they were the report option in the option list and after there is a box that pop up and ask for witch reason you are reporting this user. I'm asking this option because I'm not someone who get on the computer often and the screenshot thing is hard for me to understand. (Sorry for my grammar I'm learning English)
Have a nice day.
(Sorry for my grammar i'm learning english)
I like the concept but it would be difficult to find enough evidence to actually convict someone if all you had to do was press report
Don't Be Racist
As eddylee stated, it would be hard to provide proper evidence, unless there is a specific chat box that pops up and allows you to put the evidence in. The idea is definitely great, and would be awesome if it was implemented, but there would be more cons than pros.
A hasbeen like the rest
A lot of people would/might abuse it and makes 100s of reports and mods will have to check every one of them?

Otherwise not a bad idea, when clicking report, the recent chat will be saved and sent automatically, similar to how Runescape's report system works.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Or perhaps it takes a screenshot of the whole tab, so you can get all the evidence, or give the entire chat log at that time.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
For the abusive user who report practicly everyone without any reason could simply get an infraction.
Have a nice day.
(Sorry for my grammar i'm learning english)
I can honestly see some assholes abusing this to create trouble for people they just didn't like.
Even if you limit the amount you can report another user to one per own account, they could make alts or get their friends on board.

Aside from that worst-case, most reports that are seriously dealt with are scams of one variety or another, and for those you need discussion and evidence... your system seems like it would either have to be completely automated or else the staff would be absolutely flooded with useless reports and no way to solve any of those which are genuine.

I guess I just can't see it working out.
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
I can honestly see some assholes abusing this to create trouble for people they just didn't like.
Even if you limit the amount you can report another user to one per own account, they could make alts or get their friends on board.

Aside from that worst-case, most reports that are seriously dealt with are scams of one variety or another, and for those you need discussion and evidence... your system seems like it would either have to be completely automated or else the staff would be absolutely flooded with useless reports and no way to solve any of those which are genuine.

I guess I just can't see it working out.

There are minimal ways of it working out, unless it automatically send the chat logs along with the report. For people who abuse, they would most likely receive a warning, and then an infraction.

It would definitely be a good system to implement if made properly. The use of an in-game report system would definitely speed up the time it takes for people to get reports to use, meaning we would be able to solve cases more quickly.

I am in support, but only if the in-game report system is made properly.
A hasbeen like the rest