Toribash Community » Toribash » News

Old May 15, 2017 Original Post  
hampa
In coder land
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.

Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM..
hampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019   #1341
surginou

2nd Dan Black Belt

Tournaments could be way better, could be easily a bracket system to rush up, and losers could spectate the people fighting.
I'm Swining arround in the vagina...,I'm Swining arround in the vagina...! I try to make a princes
surginou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019   #1342
boast

Yellow Belt

Originally Posted by Footlox View Post
The feel of the game should stay the same but all I want is to increase the functionality and availability of options that allow pathways for better player made content like mods, replays, and most importantly they need to allow a way for multiple fights to take place simultaneously but independently in the same server. The waiting time is the worst part about this game.

btw this guy gets it

what he is describing is EXACTLY what should happen. i have been playing the game for 6 and a half years, if it feels different what am i going to be playing?? lmfao

u know the mods with the fucked up toris? that's how i imagine this new game is going to feel. and chances are with a completely different engine it's not going to feel the same. i really don't get what's so difficult to understand about that

i want this game to do well but it is very difficult seeing this doing well at all. people don't want games like toribash, it's too much work to learn and play
boast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019   #1343
•Tuna
<º))))><

7th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by boast View Post
btw this guy gets it

what he is describing is EXACTLY what should happen. i have been playing the game for 6 and a half years, if it feels different what am i going to be playing?? lmfao

u know the mods with the fucked up toris? that's how i imagine this new game is going to feel. and chances are with a completely different engine it's not going to feel the same. i really don't get what's so difficult to understand about that

i want this game to do well but it is very difficult seeing this doing well at all. people don't want games like toribash, it's too much work to learn and play

Toribash always has been, and always will be a niche game.
It's an interesting concept but has very little marketable chances because it's so hard for new players to get involved or get over the hurdle into enjoying the game. Changing that however would be to make an entirely different game which would alienate the older playerbase. Not to mention just emulating toribash in unity fully will be a fairly enormous task for such a small team.

toribash next will come, but patience is required. It probably wont be the revival of toribash that some people are jokingly saying it will.
Aimlessly swimming in circles
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2019   #1344
Fyre
Forumite

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: zero

I agree with Tuna but I'm sure when the old players hear about it they'll probably come back for sure... then quit again lul. There will be new players playing the game, I'm not sure how hampa will make it interesting for new players and make it addicting but DO NOT keep thinking about the game coming out and how it will be fun, it will bring a lot of players because I'm pretty sure you are going to experience the same experience that you experienced inside Toribash, all that is changing is the graphics, physics and how many players can play in a mod... that is pretty much how the in-game style will be... not trying to ruin your dreams and make you think it is boring but I'm just saying that the more you think about it the more you'll find the idea of the new game dumb and will be a meh game... so just think about right now and when the game releases you'll play it and enjoy.

That's my advice for all of you who have been waiting and still waiting for this to come out.

Last edited by Fyre; May 13, 2019 at 11:04 AM..
Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019   #1345
Divine
Clan League 2020 Champion

Garnet and Black Belt
Clan: Iron Men

this game is just hard and new people dont want to put in the time to learn it so they leave. just make sure there is a comprehensive tutorial

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019   #1346
jisse
Toribash Legend

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: [T]

Originally Posted by boast View Post
i don't get what you guys do not understand lmfao

the problem with the game not feeling the same is that people that have spent 5+ years playing a game where (this really only applies to replays) you are a lot of the time adjusting your character a single frame at a time lmfao

if the game doesn't feel any different, that's cool. if it does, it's going to feel unnatural and very awkward to the last 20 active players this game has

I've put thousands of hours into the game over 8 years and having tested an alpha version I am not bothered by this.

i don't get what you do not understand lmfao
jisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019   #1347
Mafia
Paywast

10th Dan Black Belt

A single player version would be nice.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019   #1348
HAWK152

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Rain

Developing an AI that could put up a reasonable fight against anyone in a game this complicated would be impossible for a small team like Nabi. You can already use those trainers that take a random set of moves from one of your replays, and you can practise in freeplay. I don't see a reason to attempt anything more than that when multiplayer is always going to be the best part of a game like this.
HAWK152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019   #1349
Mafia
Paywast

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by HAWK152 View Post
Developing an AI that could put up a reasonable fight against anyone in a game this complicated would be impossible for a small team like Nabi. You can already use those trainers that take a random set of moves from one of your replays, and you can practise in freeplay. I don't see a reason to attempt anything more than that when multiplayer is always going to be the best part of a game like this.

Is this supposed to be a comment on what I said?
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019   #1350
Divine
Clan League 2020 Champion

Garnet and Black Belt
Clan: Iron Men

It wouldn’t be impossible but it would be pointless to make an AI good enough to simulate multiplayer when you can just... play multiplayer.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Divine is offline   Reply With Quote