Ranking
Original Post
Back on action + new model
At least I'm back again after a shitload of business work and a bigger challenge (longer story, w/e)

For all the max users (specially the ones who use VRay or Mental Ray): Take a look at sIBL if you wanna render image based lighten scenes. Found it a while ago and it's very handy.
Also easily to rework that for FinalRender (just ask me if you need infos about how)

I took my last model (a Camaro) and pushed it into a walk of fame-background.

Painting not finished yet but c&c is always welcome, even at WIP stage
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Way too in focused man, when's the DoF coming? :P Edges between the car and background is far too sharp.
Throw in a coloured light to match the warm lighting of the scene too.
Something seems wrong about the diffusive colour on the car
Reflection on the back window looks kinda weird.
Impressive, if the photo weren't so bad the car would fit in really well. Ty, sIBL was just what I needed been looking for good HDRI images a lot lately.
Last edited by Ezeth; Nov 20, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
btw sIBL is also available for C4D.

also, looking at the guys to the left of the car, the floor appears sort of reflective OR the light reflected in the window casts another weaker shadow?

Anyway, nice model indeed

EDIT: Probably both?
DeviantArt (╯А□А)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Way too in focused man, when's the DoF coming? :P Edges between the car and background is far too sharp.
Throw in a coloured light to match the warm lighting of the scene too.
Something seems wrong about the diffusive colour on the car
Reflection on the back window looks kinda weird.

DoF at the car at such a close shot? If DoF would be visible at the car you definitely picked the wrong cam settings
The base scene setup is usual one, reflections/refractions come from the same HDRi image and at the same angle as the GI/BG so they should fit.

Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Impressive, if the photo weren't so bad the car would fit in really well. Ty, sIBL was just what I needed been looking for good HDRI images a lot lately.

Actually working out a scene with a ways better HDRi with higher resolution. Nearly night shot, so I can also throw in the neons at the car bottom hehe

Originally Posted by wiirus View Post
btw sIBL is also available for C4D.

also, looking at the guys to the left of the car, the floor appears sort of reflective OR the light reflected in the window casts another weaker shadow?

Anyway, nice model indeed

EDIT: Probably both?

The cam position wasn't a good pick at that rendering, that's true.

Beside that: Car got a new base carpaint, vinyls now less reflective and not "included" into the carpaint beside some other additions/reworks (sparco logo at seats, reworked material for brakes etc.)

Later I upload a new image with the actual BG (other cam position), the night shot needs more time to set up properly, specially because of the lighting setup
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Surerly it is sharper because the background (HDRi used also for that) is just an 8000x4000 pixel one, beside that the shot of it wasn't really perfect.

The lighting itself at that image is nearly the same at the car & at the BG (sun came from front of the car as you easily can see at the reflections of the windows of the house at the BG)

Anyway, if you ever worked out a scene lighten with only HDRi at Mental Ray you know that it is a mess sometimes, specially getting the optimal lighting if there are direct lights in it and setting up all correctly. It have a reason why pro-shootings of HDRi's used at movies as example also include the absolut correct positions of sun/lights etc. compared to the view and position of the cam(s).

But I bet you can show up a ways better image made by you only using HDRi for BG and lighting
Check my Soundcloud ;)
New image:

This time usual HDRi/backplate setup. HDRi for lighting+reflections/refractions and backplate for the "eye"

2 additional lights used for the direct light shadows (1 for the visible lamp directly right above the car, 1 for hidden lamp in front right of the car)

Medium settings, no post reworks. Rendertime ~7mins (10mins with pre-calculations of final gather) at my small dual-core 3GHz machine with 3GB RAM.
Around 900k polys used at the car.

Some base materials need rework, thats for sure. Also have to look how my other rims look at that car

[Edit: Here one with just 3mins post-production. For that ones who love Need for Speed or similar styles ]
Last edited by ViperTech; Nov 23, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Check my Soundcloud ;)