Toribash
Original Post
Question about making websites
I wasn't so sure where to put this,so i decided to ask here.

I'm trying to make a website from scratch, and I'm having troubles with the start because of a video,saying that you must BUY it.that really confused me,sense I always thought they were for free.

Do you have to buy something in order to make a website or is it free?
1. A computer
2. An Internet Connection
3. The website itself(plus programs for making images and text)
4. Browsers( e.g., Internet Explorer and Netscape)
5. Web Hosting Space
6 Domain Name (e.g., yourwebsite.com - optional)
7. Uploading software

Edit: HERE
Last edited by Malvado; Jan 11, 2010 at 05:03 AM.
Yeah, i'm the Boxman
<~ishi> damnit ishi where are you.
Originally Posted by CharredLightning View Post
I wasn't so sure where to put this,so i decided to ask here.

I'm trying to make a website from scratch, and I'm having troubles with the start because of a video,saying that you must BUY it.that really confused me,sense I always thought they were for free.

Do you have to buy something in order to make a website or is it free?

You don't need to buy anything to make a website, if you know coding and such. However, you do need to buy a domain name (a URL) to host said site on the internet. Some sites host for free (such as Webs.com), while others cost money (such as Godaddy.com).
Making a webpage can be simple, however, being a webmaster takes more technical skill.
To make a decent webpage, you are going to want notepad++, gimp, and a free hosting site. I like google sites.
Go through a few html and css tutorials on w3c.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
if you want something more, buy dreamweaver

if you dont have the cash, Aptana is one great alternative, it 90% like dreamweaver, except its free
Bravehost.com is a sitemaking place I believe. you can have a 30 day trial. Last time I checked at least...
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Ah,I see now.
Thanks for the help.

Edit:just finished making the website (thanks to xrzvt),I'm just now editting it.
Last edited by CharredLightning; Jan 12, 2010 at 02:27 AM.
Question about making websites
Hi all , i make a template using artisteer software , but theres something i wounder how can i do it , i want display the header picture only in the frontpage , when i click on any link the header must not showed .. i know there is thread in this fourm had talked about this issue , but i didnt see it ..and i know its can be made by inserting the header in a module ...but HOW ??thanks for yours listening