Ranking
Some corrections. What experience taught me:

Originally Posted by Deprived View Post
I think the most important thing you need to know about aikido is that it actually puts little emphasis on the arms, rather it relies heavily on the legs.

Agreed. But it is the combination of upper and lower body movements which make a player good.

You can then, of course, use all of that stored power in that knee by extending the hip and extending the knee to make a leap foward.

Most of the time when you do that you lose control. Relaxing your knee gives you a much better push.

The ankles, well, I would recommend to simply relax them until you need them, and there ussually are three cases when you need to; to lower the profile of your feet (touch the ground with a smaller area) in order to prevent dqing outside of the dojo, to move yourself away from the ground when you did a landing on your feet with the contract hip + contract knee trick, and to move yourself away from the ground will your feet are fully extended for resitance against lift/to push yourself further foward (shift your weight further foward) when you're pushing foward already. Beware! If you extend your ankles too early (e.g when you're not pushing foward) your enemy can use your own force against you by lifting you!

I think you are right but I'm not totally sure if I got it correctly.
Contracted ankles are great when you are close to the ground and extended ankles are great for suplexes or when you have to lean back.

I recommend however, keeping them in default because that way both legs are used

If you use your chest that would be useless. By using your chest you end up in a 90А angle to your push direction. Contracting the glute closer to your opponent and extending the other one gives your push a lot more power.
Glutes are very very important when it comes to balancing your position.

The shovel/lift: A common blue-brown belt move (although some blacks use it), where the enemy tries to lift you outside of the dojo.

Checking your replays showed me you have a wrong understanding of the term Shovel. A shovel is a 2-turn move. It requires to lower both shoulders on the first turn and raise both on the 2nd turn to grab as low as possible.
Your illustrated counters are rather useless against shovels.
You can counter shovels by putting all your weight as far back as possible so your opponent is too weak to lift you.
Another way is hitting his shoulder really hard so it breaks. Works quite often if you have a decent move.

The 'noob clap':
[...]
Disadvantages: You can only do very basic manpulations with this sort of starter as most of the time it hits not the lower part of the arm - but rather the upper body or the top part of the arm. Also it has almost no defense against lift kicks/other offensive moves...

Actually you can do every manipulation possible with this move and it is, in my opinion on of the best moves against lift kicks and almost every offensive move.

Counters; Grab with only one arm! He'll have to balance with his two feet, while you can balance with both legs and an arm! This should give you a good edge against it, plus, you'll be able to do more complicated manipulations.

He can just ungrab and balance with 2 legs and an arm too.

Everything I didn't comment was true.
Great job.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
I know, I made too many mistakes in that post because I was writing the above too quickly without thinking about what I was saying, check out my thread in tutorials where I'm gonna try to write a better tutorial there with easier readibility/better structure and more tips.

( http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=118374 )
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'