Ranking
Original Post
Frustrating
I've got a nice move that isn't finished. I can't figure out how to execute the final punch.You can watch the replay until it gets up to that point, ant you'll see what I'm trying to do. Can anybody help me out. I'm terrible with just plain kicks and punches. I pretty much learned on grabs

!!!Edit #2!!!
I revamped the move, and I named it. It is complete, and I don't need help anymore. It went from "It'sastart5" to "TheRazzer". And I'll post it here so anybody who cares can see the improvement. It took like, two hours because I still suck, but I'm happy with it. I'm going to post it in the regular Replay section as well. Thanks for all your help guys. I'm glad there are a lot of supportive people on here. It helps.
Attached Files
It'sastart5.rpl (41.1 KB, 39 views)
TheRazzer.rpl (137.3 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by gunshy_old; Aug 29, 2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Fin!
Nice start. More than I could do when at your experience.

I couldn't get the punch either, maybe someone better than me can, but when I have my back to uke I prefer to kick, here's an example.
Attached Files
editedgunshy.rpl (41.3 KB, 20 views)
collect snots from the nose
You completely changed the replay. And Gunshy, I assume you want the punch to be a decap?
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by Marcoyeh View Post
You completely changed the replay. And Gunshy, I assume you want the punch to be a decap?

If you'd take the time to actually read my post, I didn't claim to have made his replay better. I gave him an example of what I'd do in his situation with a similar replay.
The replay title is a bit misleading, but yeah fair enough. Next time it's curtains for you, sir.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Hey, thanks to both of you guys. I feel like I want to get punches down before I start working with more kicks though. And to you, Marcoyeh, It would be cool if the punch was a decap, but I would also be down for any dm. For me, decap is one of my least favorite dms.
well I wanted to get a boom but I have to go to school so I will just give you your Decap

Im not saying im better than you you just asked for one so...
Attached Files
Gunshypunch.rpl (68.7 KB, 13 views)
- > - > ORMO | 7th dan < - < -
<Muse> hush little kronos, dont you cry, Muse is gonna sing you a lullaby
Thanks, Kronos. I'll save that replay and have a look at how you did it to study up a bit on punches. But I was talking more about having a punch happen when there is '152' left on the frame counter. You can see at about that point that I'm setting up a punch with my right arm. Hopefully. I'll keep working on it. And if I get it down before I get help, I'll post a replay. Thanks again guys
Smooches!!!
To be fair, that replay isn't much of a set up for a punch. Having your back to Uke then swinging your arm over your head isn't such a good strategy, I'd recommend keeping your feet on the floor and maintaining a solid position. Punch to the neck if you're aiming to break/decapitate Uke.
It's quite tricky to spin from that position. You have to keep shifting your hips around to get the required speed and spin into it.
Your whole body is straight which makes it hard to build momentum for a spin. If you look closely you see me using the left glute and hip to start the spin but I have to stop quite early to make the punch. You can't put much power in it from there.
Extended glutes are way better as starting position when it comes to spins.
Attached Files
it'safinish.rpl (43.8 KB, 12 views)
Last edited by NutHug; Aug 28, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube