Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Immediate Crash
So yesterday I got back in to Toribash, and played for 3-4 hours, using multiple mods and stuff. Nothing was going wrong, and the game was working like usual. Eventually I quit the game like I normally would to play Overwatch for a bit (not sure if that's relevant, just trying to give as much notes as possible). Today, when I went to go play again, it didn't start up. It went to the white screen it usually would while it was loading, and then a message appeared saying "Toribash.exe has stopped working". I decided to try a few more times. Sometimes, I would reach the main menu, but the default background replay was noticeably laggy, and then the game would open the same message and shut down. I updated my graphics card and tried reinstalling the game, but the problem persisted. I've tried to find multiple solutions on multiple sites, however I could not find anything that helped me with my problem.
It could be that you need to update your drivers too.

Here is something that might help: Link

Have you got the latest version of toribash?
Hi Im Travem :)
If you play on Steam, close all Steam thingies in Task manager, then try, it could be that you need to restart your pc to.
try these:
  • right click - run as administrator
or:
  • right click - properties - compatability - run compatability troubleshooter
  • run in the suggested compatability mode
Okay, you three posted a lot of solutions! Thank you. I will be sure to try all of them.
-----
None of the solutions seemed to work for some reason. I even tried downloading the non steam version and that didn't work either. I have no idea why toribash just suddenly stopped working on my computer.
Last edited by Gr8H8; Jul 6, 2016 at 01:22 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
its most likely something in your pc has been corrupted, have you looked into all your systems or played other games after this?

if so you should probably ask an admin what toribash needs to run that other games dont then check with what they say.

if that dosnt work might be connection or files coming from the cloud, you know for your account and stuff. if thats the case you might want to have a look at your router or connection HUB on your computer.

did you change any graphics settings before going off? if so it might be your pc failing to load them.

worse case scenario you will have to stick with mini-bash or get a new component on your pc.
I think I realised the problem. There must have been a recent update that broke the game for me, because I noticed a "Mod Maker" tab that I didn't notice before. It probably broke the game for me. If anyone has a working download for the most recent older version that might help.
The mod maker tab has been around forever and from what I'm aware there hasn't been an update for a while.

Two files might be relevant here. Look around in your Toribash directory for crash.txt and stderr.txt. Post their contents here.

Right click on Toribash in your Steam library > click Properties > Local Files tab > click Browse Local Files to get there quickly.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Alright, I'll do that right now. I wasn't aware that the mod maker tab was already there. I clearly haven't paid enough attention. I'll be sure to check that out as soon as I get Toribash working again.
-----
I wasn't able to validate the files through Steam earlier, but all of a sudden I was able to. So I will do that and if that doesn't work I will post the stderr.txt file (I can't see the crash.txt file for some reason).
-----
The crashes have gotten worse. Now it barely ever gets to the menu, and for some reason the stderr.txt file is completely empty now, where as before there was some text.
Last edited by Gr8H8; Jul 6, 2016 at 09:18 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump