Ranking
Original Post
[Movie]The Favourite

Director: Yorgos Lanthimos
Story summary:
In early 18th century England, a frail Queen Anne occupies the throne and her close friend, Lady Sarah, governs the country in her stead.
When a new servant, Abigail, arrives, her charm endears her to Sarah

I recently saw this movie, and I had to rewatch it again the next day.
It really wasn't what I was expecting from a Yorgos Lanthimos movie at all, it's overall a much more comedic movie than what would be expected from him. That's not to say that it doesn't carry his trademark psychologically dark elements, just that they're a lot more subtle than say, Dog Tooth.

The cinematography was stunning, with lots of very interesting shots that really encapsulated you into the weirdness of the movie.
The Dutch angles used within the movie where excellently done, showing the power struggle between the characters.

It felt very theatrical with it's pacing, since the movie is broken up in 8 sections, and the score complimented the overall atmosphere of the movie, in which is changed dynamically to portray the emotions that the the characters felt at the time. Which where primarily emotions of anxiety and paranoia.

Other movies I'd suggest from Lanthimos would be Dog Tooth and The Lobster
I plan to watch The Killing of the Sacred Deer soon.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
Sounds interesting. Also I've never really watched any works from Yorgos Lanthimos.
They're all an experience, without fail.
whether or not it's en experience you'll enjoy is entirely up to taste though.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions