Ranking
Original Post
'Retro' Games
Well after a horrifying 40 pages of searching, and to my surprise, I didn't seem to come across any thread covering the topic I was planning to make here. Nor did it seem to go against the rules. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I will close/remove if it is.)

But anyway, It can probably be said with no objection that a fair amount of people on the forums either grew up with, or even just love the style (or as I would put it, charm) of older games in general. (Hell, maybe you're even like me. Maybe you just love collecting these games for whatever reason it may be, such as sentimental value, physical value, bragging rights, etc..) And I'm even more certain that those of you whom belong to these several groups definitely wouldn't mind a thread based on the 'intelligent discussion' (i,e: sonic cd rox) of older games and experiences alike.

-----------------------------------------

So I present to you without further ado. A thread based on the discussion of older games and general experiences alike!

EDIT: For this instance, the definition of 'older games' should be stretched to accompany any game that's passed it's time.
In Layman's Terms: If you don't consider it to be a 'modern' game, then feel free to chat it up.

But yeah, it should be pretty simple.

A good start would be to:
List some games you used to play, and give some opinion on the games if you'd like.

Maybe, if you feel the game isn't too known, give a short description of the game for other people who may be interested, etc.

Give even more opinions.

Discuss. Discuss. Discuss.

------------------------------

Anyway, I can start, maybe?

My Collection and Opinion

tl:dr: opinions

Anyway. These are all my extremely long and typically biased opinions since, yes. I am a HUGE nintendo fan.
I hope anyone who's read them gets something from it, as well as that I hope this thread gets some traffic for what it is.
Last edited by Skolfe; Apr 28, 2013 at 08:08 AM.
personally i love these old games too, im actually not that old but my older brother had some old consoles while he was little, we still got SNES, N64, Gamecube etc. (didnt got any sega stuff )

but what im kind of missing in your snes collection is secret of mana, for me the best ever existed RPG. sad that the 2nd part only got released in jap.

well you seem like a big mario fan, im not that much. prefer the 2D ones over 3D.
also, zelda is great, didnt played the one for SNES (dont like it that much.) but ocarina of time and windwaker. tested majors mask but it seems like im just to stupid for it... <.<

well we also own still one of the first gameboy´s ever released

this one

also yea, pokemon series is great, silver, emerald, leaf green etc. are all good. emerald is one of the best ever released. i even tested the newer ones (black 2 and diamond for nds) but they are just not that what the old games are.

tl:dr: old games are better then new ones.
(to clarify may, to compare it, im just 15 and love these games ;) )
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
I do love the retro games, but the only "retro" console i own is the N64, (unless you count the good ol' PS1), I got "Super Mario World" and the original "Mario Party" on it, but unfortunately my N64 has a busted cord so I can't actually play it ATM. On the PS1 I own FFIV and V (anthology version), FFVI (missing it's bonus FFX demo disc (yeah i'm talking about THAT version)), FFVII (which I picked up for $70AUS recentally... I call a score here), FFVIII (Picture disc version), FFX, X-2 and XII on PS2, and FFXIII and XIII-2 on PS3, AND FF Crystal Chronicles on the Wii. (yes, as you can see, I love FF :3) I'm still hunting down FF I, II, III, IX and XI to complete the collection.
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY THE WORST SIGNATURE EVER, FOR YOUR SAKE IT WAS FIXED. ~ Vox
Originally Posted by Przero View Post
On the PS1 I own FFIV

Out of the few Final Fantasy('s, ies, ys'?) I've played. I can definitely say that 4 is my favorite. ONLY because it is one of the only ones to have a not only tolerable, but extremely likable main character.
AAAA pokemon yellow AAAA super mario 64

I totally feel ya, those games are rad. I mean fuck, i never even completed Super Mario 64, but i still loved it. I'm more of a PC dude though, the N64 is the only console i've ever had (although i have played a smidge of PS1 and 360 at friends' places), which also brought me fun games such as Bomberman 64 (which disappeared mysteriously), Aero Gauge and Pokemon Stadion/Stadium/STADASUIDAHSKDJ. I suppose it would be possible to get an N64 emulator by now though, hehe.

Also, it is fortunate that there is a place such as www.gog.com that has brought me MANY good times back. Allow me to make a list such as yours:

BLEEEEEEEH

I may think of more later, hee hee.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
I didn't even know PSX generation classified as retroi'm an idiot but if so these are my Saturn games

I've recently found a Spectrum ZX+ in the attic but no games and I have no idea how to hook that bastard.
Last edited by pusga; May 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
oh yeah
I've always been a fan of the SNES/DOS era "pixel art" most games had. IMHO it looked better than the early 3D games where the main selling point was "LOOK! POLYGONS! 3D! WOW!"
There's just something about that style that I like. A lot.
Example: Super Metroid

This is why I absolutely love the animation quality of the pixel art used in games like Super Robot Wars.
I am not going to lie, I believe the N64 was a great system and and even the PlayStation was great. Mario kart has to be one of the best for the original PlayStation, and for I also played the game Spyro on the PlayStation 2 which in my opinion was awesome. It was a game that I could play over and over without getting bored. The PlayStation 2 has a lot of good games.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Pokemon Stadion/Stadium/STADASUIDAHSKDJ.

i fuckin hate u, now i wanna play it again :<
best was these minigames...
well, much people liek n64 etc. but the real best console is SNES.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken