Toribash
Original Post
[GATA] Set collaboration request
Just think of the events we could do with 1mill tc!
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=458394

Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I would like it to be so realistic that I will cream my jeans two times over.
For colors, it will be with joint textures so there will be no set colors.
It's going to have to be a different texture for every part of the body,
I'm not quite sure what i want this set to be but it's going to have a theme of a tori-cyborg (I don't like human textures on a tori because it looks too c/p).

Payment.
As the title says, I am paying UP TO 1,000,000 toricredits, but that's if you're the god of texturing and can make me feel like the set is not just art, but it is made of the one true god shrek's toenails. The actual payment is going to be from 500k-1kk.

post wips and good luck.

It's requested in the style we all love and know and I think having an entire set made from us would look total HAM.

What say you to split the funds equally between all approved collaborates, with the option to donate this to GATA instead. My share is going to GATA.
Forcing you guys to work for nothing doesn't sound good, so it's optional.

IMAGE HEAVY - References

Initial ideas:
  • Obvious one arm total mech, the other slightly enhanced to issue a an asymmetric style.
  • Figure out the overlaying areas between textures to add in destroyed/ruined technology when dismembered
  • Black & White Carbon Fibre plated to separate this from the genericy of most robotic textures
  • We run this similar to the pass-the-parcel system

I know we're not highly active these days but it'll be something we can try for. Since this is not a direct request to us we have no responsibility to finish.

But let's be serious, we're the only ones who could get this done right. It's why we're GATA.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
totally asymmetric arms are NB.
i like that prosthetic leg, and the deus ex arms.
If im in, i wont be doing much of the drawing work, there are more qualified people for that, but Im happy to help with sketches.
been struggling with mapping the joints, but i need the practise

will work on ideas and sketches over the next day or two.
if we keep the joint designs simple and focus on clean lines and decent drawing work, this whole thing could go down quite smoothly.
Last edited by BenDover; May 20, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Joints

_

But seriously, someone should create a gata colab group so people don't steal the textures
-
And so I can give out some of my templates so the public can't access my broken beta builds

But my internet is down 50% of the time recently and I'm working long hours so we shall see how much I can help
Last edited by 13chillz; May 20, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
I didn't expect replies so quickly! At work atm so will start on the head and maybe the shoulders tonight. Can't work this weekend because I'm at the London MCM Comic Con.

Dover, if you could start on the sketches for the torso, or maybe a quick head sketch if you can whip that out in the next 3-4 hours? That'd be super wonderful.

Alpha - get your ass in here. The reputation is worth it ;)

chillz, you can stick to the other texts if you want Personally, I can't do anything other than joints and head so would be good to spread out combined skillage (although since I've come back we're no longer about the same level.. you've far surpassed me.)
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
Originally Posted by Monobi View Post
Dover, if you could start on the sketches for the torso, or maybe a quick head sketch if you can whip that out in the next 3-4 hours? That'd be super wonderful.

i can start in an hour or two, gotta finish work, and have a bro coming to hang tonight, so i'll not have too long, shoot me a steam message on whatever youve worked on sofar so i can see what you're working with.

Originally Posted by Monobi View Post
although since I've come back we're no longer about the same level.. you've far surpassed me.

actually, i still dont think either of you are better than the other.
youre out of practise, so alot of it will come back to you pretty quickly. your editing skills are pretty significant, if you can do more shit like that cthulu head, you'd still be my ho
chillz is great at drawing though, faster than either of us, especially when it comes to mock sketches, we should probably use that.

Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
But seriously, someone should create a gata colab group so people don't steal the textures

moved to the chambers, its a good suggestion.
no rules in here, so feel free to go large on new threads and stuff for whatever you need.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Collab set finally happening?

While you folks pass around the textures, I could work on mapping joints and other areas if you guys want. That is once someone does some initial concept sketches over the tori I can make guidelines on the flats (And fill in any blanks that might be on the sketches as-well). Also can work on polishing, and maybe passing around the texture a bit too.

(Also posted in this thread since the group doesn't allow Youtube vids >_>).
(>^_^)>
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
This sounds good. Not sure if I'm good enough anymore though.. and finals coming up.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Ummm. Has anyone here actually did joints before? And what kind of mapping we going for? Nblx or just replay joints on Default starting condition?