Toribash
Original Post
how to do good texutres?
hey iam just going to ask does any body can help me with doing textures like tips and everything
cause when i come to draw a head or something it looks like:

when other people draw it looks like:
(($GDVJOSasdfdsop
(((()_ASFGJNVDEW
soo can anyone help me doing textures?
INB4 14 days ban
The idea is most important, dont try to draw something if you don't know how it looks. Also the mapping - you need to think and imagine how you'd like your bicep for instance to look like, what will be in front, what in the top and draw it (use the templates so you know where to put elements)(there are sets with semi-random elements and they look nice but in my opinion you need to be experienced to create a set/texture by improvisation).

Don't try to shade and finish the texture first, you need to draw the shapes, eyes, visor, maybe a hair or something and check out how it looks, are the eyes too separated or not, etc. Do a sketch first and when you know you've drawn all the elements or the most of them, shade and finish it.
To preview a head you may use a 3d program like 3ds max, it makes easier to preview and test the head and you can check out how it looks in 512x512.
But of course if you don't know 3d programs you can always upload the heads to toribash, it's a good way too.

You may use some reference pictures, a hero or monster so you have an inspiration.
Test the texture as often as you can and imagine, think what can you add.

Check some tutorials on shading to make your textures look better
If you don't know any drawing program but ms paint, download program like gimp and do as much tutorials as you can, an abstract background tutorial, text effects tutorial, drawing tutorial. By doing this you learn the basic structure of the program and you know how to use tools, filters, blending modes.

good luck and don't give up
ok :/ when i was making my first head its was very hard D: and i tried 1 time and gave up :/ but after that i learned myself the i must be tired a lot and do my best and don't try it 1 time only do it a lot of times and fix every mistake you see as now i make a set every 1 line or anything i do i save it and see it in game and i see another mistakes and fix it not in 1 try only and give up and don't do it fast... take your time and it will be good i am making the legs(thighs, legs and feet) in more than 10 hours because i take my time to do my best i hope that helped
-----
and dont get an images or flame or something like that and add in the head all do like this
dont be stupid and make everything by yourself and you must be tired or you will not benefit :/ only if you work hard you will benefit
Last edited by xXOm4rXx; Aug 28, 2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Want set? head? avvy? pm me if you want anything.
thank you soo much om4r you help now i got everything from you 2 ill close this now
ill show u how iv been:
the first pic from the right is the first one i made:
lol google images
the first pic from right is the second one:
at least better than taking images from someone..
the second pic from right is the third one after Dmuhawak advice
it looks better ingame.
the 3rd pic is the pic after om4r advice the hair is made from him
-----
ill now starting making
Attached Thumbnails
head.jpg   Untitled_2.png   Untitled.gif   h.jpg  
Last edited by scorpionma; Aug 28, 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
INB4 14 days ban