Toribash
Original Post
File System: Identicle file names
Anyone who has used windows and tried to name a file the same as another in the directory usually got that message saying you can't name it that. Well what would happen if you did? I somehow managed to do that, but not on windows; instead on my DS (DO NOT ASK HOW PLEASE) with the FAT16 file system.

I did it by playing a game called pocket physics and saved a file with a name over 8 characters twice. They are EXACTLY the same file name, and if I try to access the folder it is in, the program I use as an OS (sorta) crashes. But I fould a way to fix it. I used a file compresser, and compressed all the files with the same name and deleted it. It worked :D. But think about it. If I put that on windows, what would have happened?

I want to know if this is common, and what it's destructive capabilities (if any) are >:) It's great for protecting files on my DS though, because it crashes if you access the folder :P
Last edited by Nuyashaki; Mar 11, 2008 at 06:01 PM.
I'm gonna take a guess and say you're using an R4 or something similar... In any case, I'm guessing if you try and move them onto windows, the second one (don't ask me how it'll decide which is second) will just replace the first one.
<ZaneNutio> I ASSED FIRSED
The only thing that would happen is that you could never ever use either file.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well