Toribash
Originally Posted by ApatheticP View Post
So, I got a suplex replay..

First, I pushed him away, since he was good at suplexing D:

Then, I raised my arms but kept my lower body wide and contracted. This made me a bit heavier as I only had one leg on the ground now. With only one leg, the weight of us combined pull toward me, so I jumped up and caused him to hover above the air just a bit. With this, I had enough momentum from my jump to rotate my chest to cause him to fly over me. He was about to save with contracted wrists to keep him above the dq area, and to cause me to spin around him, so I used my glutes and lumbar to push him just far enough so his contracted wrist landed outside of the ring.

Nice job.

Accepted to T1.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I want to apply for the most basic tier, tier one.

So here I have a simple snapkick + decap:

I started a kick on the shoulder (my hand also helped in DM my enemy's shoulder). After that, the hand that helped in DM'ing decapitated him.

#GG
Attached Files
sdawds.rpl (38.8 KB, 2 views)
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
Here are the ones I needed for tier 1.

I don't normally do basic suplexes, but here is one I had.

basicplex.rpl - I went lower than my opponent which made them lean on top of me, so I surprised them using their body for leverage and finished with arms straight.

Technically scissor sweeps count as turnovers using one hand to flip the opponent over.

[MP][A] Scissor sweep (1).rpl - I grabbed the opponent's arm with my right hand leaving my left hand for leverage, wrapped my legs around his body in a scissor motion, and flipped him over using my open hand and leg movements.
Attached Files
basicplex.rpl (41.1 KB, 3 views)
[MP][A] Scissor sweep (1).rpl (41.3 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Zwift; Jun 12, 2016 at 09:33 PM.
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Originally Posted by Sc1ence01 View Post
I want to apply for the most basic tier, tier one.

So here I have a simple snapkick + decap:

I started a kick on the shoulder (my hand also helped in DM my enemy's shoulder). After that, the hand that helped in DM'ing decapitated him.

#GG

Science, thats great you want to apply but re-read the requirements for tiers please. You need submit all the required techniques for each tier.
So T1 you need a snapkick, turnover, and basic suplex.

Originally Posted by Thronior View Post
i still wanna know how to apply for a position in TA where i can look at new apps n stuff

I'm going to invite new council members and from there we'll start a process for new leaders.

Originally Posted by Zwift View Post
Here are the ones I needed for tier 1.

I don't normally do basic suplexes, but here is one I had.

basicplex.rpl - I went lower than my opponent which made them lean on top of me, so I surprised them using their body for leverage and finished with arms straight.

Technically scissor sweeps count as turnovers using one hand to flip the opponent over.

[MP][A] Scissor sweep (1).rpl - I grabbed the opponent's arm with my right hand leaving my left hand for leverage, wrapped my legs around his body in a scissor motion, and flipped him over using my open hand and leg movements.

Yes you're right the scissor sweep is an advanced turnover but remember you can't use that replay for future tiers.

Suplex looks great too!

Welcome to T1 bud. In the future I would suggest trying to hunt for new replays than using old ones. It will make better, trying to force the technique.
-----
My Tier 4 App

double leg: I start with a snapkick and then pull him in to grab both hips. I forfeit my base to weigh him down and continue to ride him out until he extends both knees and falls back.

pulling guard: I pull full guard and roleta sweep him over near the edge where he struggles to survive but falters.

half throw: Instead of executing the half throw in one, momentous swap, I use footwork to work the throw in small steps.

proper suplex: I shoot a single and after slipping out of his hook I arch back and take my opponent over my head for the suplex.
Attached Files
tier4 - double leg.rpl (76.8 KB, 2 views)
tier4 - guard pull.rpl (71.1 KB, 2 views)
tier4 - proper suplex.rpl (71.0 KB, 2 views)
tier4 - half throw.rpl (46.7 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jun 14, 2016 at 03:46 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
Tier 2 Application

vcxxzcvv.rpl - basically pulled my opponent to ground unexpectedly. I realized he went low, so I tried pulling his body lower.

As you know, there are many variations of single leg takedowns. I have added three variations in case you are looking for a certain one.

[MP][A] Single leg (2).rpl - I took a dangerous kick to the mid-area and grabbed the leg my opponent kicked with to turn him around, making him lose his balance since he was basically on one foot.

[MP][A] Single leg (3).rpl - I grabbed my opponent's foot, and spun them around the opposite way. This variation is similar to an ankle pick used in wrestling, bjj, etc.

[MP][A] Single leg (4).rpl - Okay, so I managed to get hands free and grabbed his leg with both hands, driving him down to the ground. This by far is my favorite single leg I've done.

[MP][A] Kick check to turnover.rpl - i blocked his kick using mainly my knee, partially my elbow, and when he was unbalanced on one foot, I went lower than him and executed a half throw.
Attached Files
vcxxzcvv.rpl (27.4 KB, 3 views)
[MP][A] Single leg (2).rpl (49.5 KB, 3 views)
[MP][A] Single leg (3).rpl (41.1 KB, 3 views)
[MP][A] Single leg (4).rpl (62.8 KB, 3 views)
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Originally Posted by Zwift View Post
Tier 2 Application

vcxxzcvv.rpl - basically pulled my opponent to ground unexpectedly. I realized he went low, so I tried pulling his body lower.

As you know, there are many variations of single leg takedowns. I have added three variations in case you are looking for a certain one.

[MP][A] Single leg (2).rpl - I took a dangerous kick to the mid-area and grabbed the leg my opponent kicked with to turn him around, making him lose his balance since he was basically on one foot.

[MP][A] Single leg (3).rpl - I grabbed my opponent's foot, and spun them around the opposite way. This variation is similar to an ankle pick used in wrestling, bjj, etc.

[MP][A] Single leg (4).rpl - Okay, so I managed to get hands free and grabbed his leg with both hands, driving him down to the ground. This by far is my favorite single leg I've done.

[MP][A] Kick check to turnover.rpl - i blocked his kick using mainly my knee, partially my elbow, and when he was unbalanced on one foot, I went lower than him and executed a half throw.

Nice work Zwift. Accepted into T2.
Toribash Martial Artists
Tier 3 Application

[MP][A] Sutemi waza (1).rpl & [MP][A] Sutemi waza (2).rpl - I went as low as possible and executed any throw while risking myself from dqing.

[MP][A] Dynamic gripping (1).rpl - I basically went for a single leg takedown and my opponent survived it, so I switched to a double leg, then back to a single leg driving my opponent to the ground. Too bad my arm was dismembered or else that replay would've looked nice. The changing of grabs confused my opponent's view on the ghosts.

[MP][A] top control (6).rpl - I jumped on my opponent pulling full guard, then applying pressure on his chest which led to him dqing.

[MP][A] Turnover to pin pressure (1).rpl - I executed a quick low turnover which he survived, so I applied pressure on his chest area for the pin. This is similar to pinning in wrestling.
Attached Files
[MP][A] Sutemi waza (1).rpl (35.7 KB, 4 views)
[MP][A] Sutemi waza (2).rpl (35.8 KB, 2 views)
[MP][A] top control (6).rpl (49.4 KB, 2 views)
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Haven't had the chance to look at them but I noticed your missing a hook punch for T3.
Toribash Martial Artists
Tier 5 app
double leg wrap- I use my arm to trap both of his legs to my body and slam him to the ground.
foot sweep- I sweep his foot out from under him and flip him to the ground.
guard sweep- I pull guard and sweep him to the ground.
full throw- Self explanatory.
hip throw- Using the momentum he creates by attempting a kick, I drop my level and throw in my hips, perfectly setting up the hip throw.
Attached Files
double leg wrap.rpl (38.4 KB, 4 views)
foot sweep.rpl (27.5 KB, 5 views)
guard sweep.rpl (49.5 KB, 6 views)
full throw.rpl (77.4 KB, 5 views)
hip throw.rpl (38.6 KB, 6 views)
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle