Toribash
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
This will most likely get closed soon, or moved if you're lucky.
Anyway, being "Toribash famous" can hardly deserve the use of the word "famous".
You obviously don't get people committing suicide over you, and there aren't loads of people playing the game, so all you have to deal with is a bit of spam that you can either ignore, or have fun with.

I actually knew a guy who almost committed suicide over toribash.
the god
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
I actually knew a guy who almost committed suicide over toribash.

I've known several, and their brother's all seem to play Toribash as well.

In any case, it usually happens among the younger users. I've done my best to be an awful person to avoid it, and so far, it has worked. I'm not very good at dealing with people personally, especially people that are anything but indifferent towards me, so, it becomes confusing and I don't like influencing people.

It was much more prominent when I was a TA, as I constantly dealt with newer people, and we, as a group, served as role models. To quote Enzu, "We are sweet as fucking candy, blah blah blah... ... ... ... act like a role model."

It happens, not quite as much as you'd imagine, more so for hampa than anyone else.
Hoss.
Sure is different from real life.

Usually only happens when first entering a room, there are multitudes of "omg hi box" and variants.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
How annoying is it when you get shadowed? or clung to? or when players just flat out make homosexual advances upon you simply because of your popularity or position as a gm?. I've always wondered this question in real life as well as in any community in general.

I'm popular but I don't get clung to :/ nor do I cling. (As of late though I have become more shady) still, I do have friends I play with.... that's about it. I wouldn't mind be shadowed for a day though. Makes me feel like I would be doing someone some good :3
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
How annoying is it when you get shadowed? or clung to?

Honestly was the most annoying thing in the entire world.. I fucking hated it.
I don't really get "shadowed" or clung to. ;o

(Probably 'cuz I'm neither good nor popular ;_;)

And all homosexual advances come from my GMs. :<
They apparently thingk that they can get promotions via trading up. ;_;
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post

Our love is real Dargon. It's REAL
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Everybody knows who I am, they all beg me to give them used tissues and sign their penises. It's all just a big ego gain for me.

You guys should take it like an ego booster.
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post

Silly Dargon and his inferiority complex.

Dargon is hella popular.
Vanity thread? ok...although this isn't a private board I'm asking you nicely to come back when you actually have some sort of input or at least stop typing with all caps. The purpose of the thread is a question which I'm looking forward to seeing other peoples answers. This very question is one of the top things I wonder about why will girls instantly go to bed with a celebrity, why does being famous make an actress or model so much more beautiful than every other girl? is the influence of power so strong that it actually compels others?. Just a curiosity really so since I can't ask any actual celebrities about this I thought I'd ask some Toribash stars, hoping for some valuable research data.

> valuable research data
lolwtf

> How annoying is it when you get shadowed? or clung to? or when players just flat out make homosexual advances upon you simply because of your popularity or position as a gm?
> asking a framed leading question
> expecting valuable research data
I don't even.
Originally Posted by Agentmax View Post
I'm popular but I don't get clung to :/ nor do I cling. (As of late though I have become more shady) still, I do have friends I play with.... that's about it. I wouldn't mind be shadowed for a day though. Makes me feel like I would be doing someone some good :3

If you aren't being clung to, I doubt you're that popular.

Anyway, I wouldn't consider myself popular, or someone that is clung too, but in other games I can sometimes find it pretty annoying.

>play league of legends
>carry
>the whole team wants to play again
>they suck
inq.