Ranking
Original Post
[REL]Post Apocalyptic Freerun
Version two released!
Here are the changes.

Thanks to slycooper for the updated pictures (v1)!
Here it is....:

In all its' post-armageddon glory...

There are quite a few different paths one may take.
For example:
Headfirst-
The player runs straight, drops off the ledge, grabs the pole, and swings to the next platform. Not necessarily easy, but by far the fastest.

straight ahead

Into the rabbit hole-
The player takes the path to the left, sliding down the no-friction slope, until they then reach the next platform.

To the left

Over the horizon-
The player takes the path to the right, drops down, and does a nice big wallrun. They can then drop off either on the second platform or on another that leads to a route to the finish.

Once the player gets to the second platform, they have two routes.

to the finish

Either knock down the large blue tower (thanks to SupahNinja for a fix) or slide along the red pipe.
Then, strike a pose!

Here's the data:

Alaistier-PostApocFreerun.tbm

Officially uploaded. Name is PostApocFreerun.tbm
Attached Files
PostApocFreerun.tbm (2.2 KB, 123 views)
postapocfreerun2.tbm (2.7 KB, 98 views)
Last edited by Alaistier; Aug 24, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Thanks for letting me know.
Fixed.
keep in mind the mod isn't actually green, these screenshots were taken before I chose a softer color. Everything is now a shade of dark gray except for no-friction (red) and the wall that is glitched (blue)
If anyone knows how to keep the blue tower from sinking into the block below it, please let me know.
Well this looks like fun , I can see many possible paths and acrobatic locations . Cant wait to try it out .
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
If anyone knows how to keep the blue tower from sinking into the block below it, please let me know.

I think I got it.

I changed
   rot 90 -25 -90
   sides 20.03 4.07 1
to
   rot 0 0 25
   sides 4.07 1 20.03
Playing with rotation tends to have weird effects.

Also, nice mod.
Attached Files
Thanks so much, ninja.
I'll be uploading that soon (when the bots aren't screwed up anymore), and I'll post the names of the online mods.
Originally Posted by kikoman View Post
Why are there so many parkour mods these days? I always thought it would kinda be a niche...

People get tired of beating up Uke over and over, and it's fun to race over some kind of an obstacle course. The old parkour mods got kinda boring pretty fast. Also, it's a lot more exciting (in my opinion) to watch a completed parkour replay, because it generally takes longer to make than, I dunno, a madman or splitcap etc. When I make a madman, I tend to think "okay, cool." Then I move on and do something else. But when I finish a parkour replay (which takes a lot longer) I think "whoa, this is great. But how can I make it even more realistic?" I have many, many replays where Uke ends up in pieces, but I have a lot fewer parkour replays, both because they take longer and are much harder to finish realistically, which means that the completed product gives more satisfaction to the creator.
Also, some people like throwing a bunch of blocks together and calling themselves modders. And I may or may not have been one of those people a while ago.

Remember, this is just my opinion.