Toribash
i live in texas execution is a common thing no surprise if they harvest organs they deserve to die anyway
Originally Posted by mrninja View Post
i live in texas execution is a common thing no surprise if they harvest organs they deserve to die anyway

what an insightful and intelligent person you are.

infracterated. ~maple
Last edited by Mapleleaf; Jan 30, 2010 at 09:34 PM.
I agree if they can opt out of donating the organs, that way the judge wont just be like oh cool lets go save some moar peeps.

Why havent we been doing this alredy I mean really...
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
My only concern lies with the potential abuse of this system and judges "rushing" people on death row.

Exactly what I was thinking when I watched the video. The second we start putting benefits on people being put to death, it will get rushed. That being said, it doesn't sound like a terrible idea. A sacrifice for the greater good, one might argue.
It's getting rushed in Texas anyway, with the new "express lane" law being put into action, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (I'm pretty sure the legislation in Florida is enacting a similar law as well).

If it's extracting use from someone who's going to be killed anyway, then I don't see the problem.
back from the dead
I think the main problem is the rushing for organs indeed. I don't know how this can be fixed, but maybe it should be harder to get death penalty. That way a judge can still rush it, but the criminal would need to have done pretty much to be convicted for death penalty anyways.

I think it should be so, that you give away your organs after death, unless you state you don't want to with valid reasons ( religion etc, not "because them people can't have my organs" ). Then instead of executing through organ removal, the ansthesis should be lethal ( because if you have valid reasons for not giving away some of your organs, you'll live for a small time after some organs are removed, which is not ethically good).

Though I live in Holland and we don't have the death penatly here, I think it's a pretty good idea. If someone is bound to die and you can save others with it, why not try to save other humans?
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
lol what about the drug addicts and alcoholics in death row they wouldn't give them the "organ donating" execution
I personally think there should be mandatory organ donation after death for all people, not just inmates unless they request otherwise, through a will or something. Hospitals are backed up with hundreds of people requiring organs and donors are in very short supply. With the law as it is, it is far too difficult to actually become an organ donor.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Eh, I disagree. Not everyone wants to donate their organs after they die, and it would be pretty extreme for a government to force people to donate their organs. People already have the option if they want to.
T1cux: clan have eggs.
Well your forced to donate your organs if you die in a car accident right? (maybe thats just in NC)
but either way it seems like a really good idea, but for the judging rushing it problem. How about they make it if the criminals want to, if not then they dont have to.
RIP [TPC]
This guy was once a GameMaster