Toribash
Maybe we could give the Death row inmates who choose to donate their organs special privileges? Not like xbox or anything but a little more time or I dunno more freedom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by mrninja View Post
i wouldn't give them that if they agree

...What? Please try to make your posts more coherent :|

I have another question which sort of relates to the OP.
If you are a surgeon by profession and you were offered a well-paying job of removing the organs of inmates (thereby killing them) would you take it?

I am sure there wouldn't be any shortage of volunteers if this system was implemented - I'm just curious.
Originally Posted by MurraY View Post
Eh, I disagree. Not everyone wants to donate their organs after they die, and it would be pretty extreme for a government to force people to donate their organs. People already have the option if they want to.

Bullshit. If they're healthy and we go through with this, they shouldn't have a choice. If they had a choice they wouldn't be getting put to death in the first place. They made their choice when they committed their crime.
Originally Posted by KiTFoX View Post
Bullshit. If they're healthy and we go through with this, they shouldn't have a choice. If they had a choice they wouldn't be getting put to death in the first place. They made their choice when they committed their crime.

yes if they're healthy they should
be "harvested" it could save a lot of lifes
No. Their organs would be tainted with evil. Someone who gets a heart transplant, where the heart was harvested from a deathrow inmate, they would soon become serial killers.

Nah, just gammin.
I'm all for it. But, I guess Australia won't have it anyway. Capital punishment is banned, or whatever. We are so nice to criminals.
Half the members of firing squads are randomly given blank rounds so that they don't have to live the rest of they're life knowing that they shot and killed someone.

If I were a doctor, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that I had purpousfully killed someone by removing their heart or other vital organs.
Last edited by SmileyJones; Feb 2, 2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Sorry man, I hit edit instead of quote D:

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Nah, just gammin.
I'm all for it. But, I guess Australia won't have it anyway. Capital punishment is banned, or whatever. We are so nice to criminals.

which is rather amusing considering that australia is one large prison.
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
Half the members of firing squads are randomly given blank rounds so that they don't have to live the rest of they're life knowing that they shot and killed someone.

If I were a doctor, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that I had purpousfully killed someone by removing their heart or other vital organs.

Understandable.

Really though, a surgeon is a mere cog in the conveyor of inmate's fate, albeit the last cog. The society has already decided that the man must die, and a surgeon with the stomach will be found regardless.

I've always wondered about how executioners (during French revolution, for example) must have felt, chopping heads of hundreds of people. Was it really executioners who were responsible for deaths, or was it politicians and revolutionists? I'd say it's the latter more than the former.
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post

How do they know they got the blank one and didnt kill them? Then you're living with a false sense of living with killing somone lol?

As for me I wouldnt take the job It'd probably make me sick the organs and stuff lol.