Ranking
Original Post
Skateboarding For Beginners

This is my first tutorial ever

The main joints used to ride the board:
In the skateboarding mods the most important parts of the body are the lumbar, the glutes and the abs.
These three are needed in order to keep your balance on the board.
It is just like skateboarding in real life.

How to ride the board:
There are two ways of riding the board from the beginning stance.
You have Nollie and Normal. Both riding styles require different
set ups. Both stances allow you to be closer to the ground and thus able to jump up to do different tricks.

Normal Riding stance tutorial:
1. Hold all, extend the left glute and bend the lumbar to the left
2. Space once (10 Frames)
3. Relax all and extend left glute

Nollie Riding stance tutorial:
1. Hold all, extend the left glute, contract the right glute and bend the lumbar to the left
2. Space twice (20 Frames)
3. Relax all and extend left glute

How to do an Ollie
The ollie consists to three motions: the jump, the pop and the slide

Jump
When you want to ollie from the normal stance you have to raise your arms to create an upwards force followed by pushing yourself up with your legs (by extending the knees, hips, right ankle and both glutes).

Pop
When you come to the point in which your knees are almost fully extended you start to bring your left foot up the board by contracting your left hip and relaxing/contracting your left knee. This will create the pop.

To create a good pop you have you use your lumbar. When you are jumping you have to make sure your lumbar is bended to the right and to pop you bend it to the left.

Slide
After you have popped your board the front wheels will be in the air. To catch the board you have to use your glutes. When sliding you have two options

You can contract the left glute first to create a harder pop (you go higher) and then extend the left glute to catch the board or you can just immediately catch the board by extending the left glute.

To level out the board you have to relax the right knee and contract the right hip.

Tips
-When you are in the air you need to have your feet at the nose and the tail of the board to it will not fly away
-Keep your arms paralel to the board to get straight ollies
-Straighten your board with your lumbar to land
-It's okay to hold your legs
-Too make it easier you can use a higher gravity than -15 (I often use -7)
-You will need to shift space a lot

Replays
Regular Stance:
regular stance.rpl

Nollie Stance:
nollie stance.rpl

Ollie (This was my first ollie in toribash):
ollie.rpl

Skateboard Mods
skateboardflatground.tbm

I hope this will help you
Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 03:47 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Short but interesting tutorial there.
You really broke down the steps of making an ollie with success and that shows on your replay. It felt different from regular stuff, more technical even.

Add in some screenshots of what you mean for each part and it'll be even better, but overall great job!
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Thank you for helping me improve the tutorial and I'm glad you like my tutorial. I have added the screenshots of my ollie.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Yes it is haha. Its the similar but you cant really slide your foot on the board so thats a bit different. I hope you guys are able to use this tutorial and make some nice replays!

i am a bird now - Lil B

I will try this but good jod man.I do skate in rl aswell but its a-lot diffrent from yourself and then not yourself skating,if you know what I mean.
The Roulettes'
As far as I know, the "nollie" is an ollie, but popping your nose instead the tail, maybe you were refering to fakie stance. (I may be wrong, but in Spanish the skating terms are like this):

Regular - left leg on the front
Goofy - right leg on the front
Fakie - How you end up when the "derpy leg" is on the front
Last edited by Sh00; Jan 19, 2015 at 07:35 PM.
Originally Posted by Sh00 View Post
As far as I know, the "nollie" is an ollie, but popping your nose instead the tail, maybe you were refering to fakie stance. (I may be wrong, but in Spanish the skating terms are like this):

Regular - left leg on the front
Goofy - right leg on the front
Fakie - How you end up when the "derpy leg" is on the front

Normally in toribash skatemods:
front foot is in front (Regular)
Fakie is riding backwards kinda
Nollie is going forward and pop with your front foot.

i am a bird now - Lil B

This is a well-organized tutorial, short, but precise. Now I know basics in the skateboarding mods.
Also, are intermediate and advancdd tuts coming?

Gj overall.
Modo Bestia

Dont forget to enter!!
[ME]Tori Hawk - Toris can Skate

Everyone has always wanted to become the new Tony Hawk and skate like never skated before.
Do you perform grinds that no one could ever imagine? Can you do tricks that make people go "Whoa"?
Yes YOU do and now YOU can compete against other skaters to become the ultimate skater.
Grab your skateboard, grind hard or go home!
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Jan 25, 2015 at 02:56 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B