Ranking
View Poll Results: do you approve of the usd dueling change?
no
6 Votes / 11.11%
super no
5 Votes / 9.26%
ultra no
18 Votes / 33.33%
yes
25 Votes / 46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

"If you dueled Shmevin 6 months ago, for $500, lost, and didn't send : we could only ban Shmevin. We could not go into Paypal and like... siphon money from his account."
why would he get banned and not me what, also
"What's been keeping you guys from scamming one another? The threat that if you did, we'd empty out your items? That we'd somehow force the other player to actually send USD on paypal or another system? If that's exclusively why you send your losses to one another after when your duels conclude, then yeah, stop. If you guys continue to trust each other and want to duel for whatever amount USD, go for it."

the only reason why we most likely send is because of the fact that we can get banned along with the consequence that items will be compensated to the other user, if what you're saying in your post is what the rule means now, then basically you are summing it up as to not do usd duels ever again because if you're saying it's not supported but talking about bans and such then what is the point?
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
We're still going to ban any duel scammer.

There's nothing wrong with the change then. As long as scamming is punished, even if reimbursement can't happen. That's the whole point of why I thought this change was bad. It being unsupported in the sense of nothing being given when a USD duel is scammed is only natural, because of the issues that come with it.

Concerning my ignorance to out of TB duels, I simply wasn't aware they all were restricted/banned in this way. I swore it used to be different, or perhaps I misread.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post
some users knew about this and basically are abusing it as we speak, not that many people check the rules and especially when a rule like this is already flawed, creati0n is trying his hardest to find a method for this and going to change the rules in a bit (idk if this is leaking info remove if it is instead of banning me thank)

Creati0n says: Yes, the Market Squad is looking into finding an alternative to the current USD dueling policy. An estimated release date for a permanent solution to the issue is unknown, but we're trying our hardest to please the general populace while also keep the community (and scam reports) legitimate and safe. This isn't to say that USD dueling will be allowed in the future, but an alternative method may be implemented to appease both the staff and the dueling community.

Okay, so to wrap this up in a bow because we've been talking quite a bit privately with admins, etc. The problem we've ran into, is the ability to very easily fabricate evidence concerning USD transactions on Paypal. Without directly explaining the technical aspects, the staff now knows a very heavily used way of fabricating the evidence that a USD transaction took place and for what amount. So it's incredibly easy at this point in time to say "Hey, I sent someone the $50, here's the proof", and that proof to be made up.

So because we currently are running dry on the well of ideas to circumvent that, we have no way of knowing if someone is legitimately scammed. This method we're describing has been used on us by an unnamed user at this time, and we're surprised it hasn't been exploited more in the past. It was a clear huge hole in our defenses, but hindsight is 20/20.

The staff's new policy for only the time being is to say "just don't do it". Because it's pretty impossible to prove you've been scammed. Right now, we're experimenting with ways such as 3rd party viewing privileges for us to view transaction histories on these cash sending websites so we can at least see the receipt of these transactions, unadulterated. Once we can prove a scam's taken place, we can move forward with more support than we currently provide in USD duel scams. If ANYONE (duelists too please) has any interesting ways to help us out, we're really open to hearing them because it'd be our preference to know how to remedy the problem and be able to help you in your future reports and or ban shitty people.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
you can ask for the other user to show u transaction that if he sent or not to his account, i highly doubt the other user would forge screenshots to show if he got it or not.
If we're talking about ways to help out with USD Dueling, why is there not just a dueling system put into place on the site? Similarly to how Clans work, a user requests a duel with someone with a set price, best of, etc. After it is accepted both players send their USD via paypal to a middleman account of some sort, and they duel, the system keeping track of what occurs as well. After they win, the bankaccount transfers the USD to the winner.

Not too sure about the issues that could come up with this and the possibility of it becoming a thing(or the difficulty to implement) but it seems like a very easy way to fix to this dueling issue. It would also not only be limited to USD. It could be a bot for automated middlemanning, it would lower the duel scamming chance tremendously. SMod+ would obviously have the ability to send items back to the respective people and cancel duels.

I don't see why this isn't a thing or hasn't been a thing before.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
If we're talking about ways to help out with USD Dueling, why is there not just a dueling system put into place on the site? Similarly to how Clans work, a user requests a duel with someone with a set price, best of, etc. After it is accepted both players send their USD via paypal to a middleman account of some sort, and they duel, the system keeping track of what occurs as well. After they win, the bankaccount transfers the USD to the winner.

Not too sure about the issues that could come up with this and the possibility of it becoming a thing(or the difficulty to implement) but it seems like a very easy way to fix to this dueling issue. It would also not only be limited to USD. It could be a bot for automated middlemanning, it would lower the duel scamming chance tremendously. SMod+ would obviously have the ability to send items back to the respective people and cancel duels.

I don't see why this isn't a thing or hasn't been a thing before.

I'm pretty sure while I was MSquad, there was a suggestion like this/this was brought up.
There could be a system implemented where the wager is put into Toribash's Paypal account or w/e system is used. Then when the duel is over, Toribash sends the money to the winner. If hampa wanted to he could keep a certain % of the funds.

However, this may also lead to certain problems all in its own.
The major problem back in the day about this, is getting a site dev to actually get it up and running, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
I'm pretty sure while I was MSquad, there was a suggestion like this/this was brought up.
There could be a system implemented where the wager is put into Toribash's Paypal account or w/e system is used. Then when the duel is over, Toribash sends the money to the winner. If hampa wanted to he could keep a certain % of the funds.

However, this may also lead to certain problems all in its own.
The major problem back in the day about this, is getting a site dev to actually get it up and running, etc.

Iirc that would have problems with taxes or some shit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

the staff need to trust the duelling community for us to really have to believe you guys aren't going to just break the rules at your own convenience. I personally don't trust the majority of you to stay "straight" for longer than your winning streak.

If you wanna satisfy your gambling addiction, that's cool. But I personally won't be part of a refunding squad. If it was up to me and me solely. I'd permaban the person who's being a scumbag, leave a note to say never unban the acount. Then just move on.

If you can't hold up your end of the bargin, idk why you'd get your account back till you did. But I'm not in control of that one so that policy isn't in place.
that would be the more convenient thing to do instead of making this whole new rule but still compensate the other user if he got scammed by the other like taking the items from his account etc...