Toribash
Got another weapon mod: holmgang_2.tbm

At first glance it looks no different from my gladius_and_parma mod, but that's just first glance. The biggest difference here is the shield which pivots around your hand, much like a real viking round shield would. This makes it more versatile. If you want to see what real life technique look like, skip to 14:33 of this video. Other notable features of this mod:

- Triggers on all body parts. Dismembering any part of opponent is auto-win.
- No dq.
- Points with point threshold.

Of the three weapons mods I made thus far this one's my favorite. Give it a go.
Attached Files
holmgang_2.tbm (16.6 KB, 11 views)
Last edited by Odlov; Jan 23, 2016 at 08:56 AM.
I can say this one is by far the best weapons mod in Toribash. It actually functions like you'd want it to.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I can say this one is by far the best weapons mod in Toribash. It actually functions like you'd want it to.

Couldn't agree more !
so about the holmgang_2.tbm mod.

I watched the video you sent to get a general idea about what you were going for and checked out the mod. Now its probably a case of me just sucking ass at doing this, but can anyone else manage to move forward towards uke while maintaining a defensive shield stance like in the video?

I feel like it would be better if Tori and Uke were a bit close in all honesty.

Ehh tried it again and managed to move forward in a defensive stance, but it was more with a hoping/skipping motion that didn't really leave me planted firmly on the ground in order to be able to react to uke.

mmmmm played with it for a bit and I changed my mind, it seems fine as it is. Just a bit awkward to move with it.
To be honest with you, now that I've got it down I feel like it might be a bit better to start even farther away. Give
yourself and your opponent a bit more time to adjust their stance while moving forward and really read into what
they think their opponent will be doing.

pleb

Last edited by Kohta; Jan 24, 2016 at 09:58 AM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
After playing it quite a bit, I really think you should reduce the dojo size a bit (i've ran into some nasty runners), and put dq triggers on the weapons outside of the dojo too.. (Some people literally walked away on their sword and shield.. not fun at all.)
Hmm, I'll address it in next version I don't want to make the dojo much smaller, but I'll put a trigger on swords to make this walking out thing impossible.
Magnificent mods, I liked slambo and piller.
Good job and keep the great work
Thanks ihab

Originally Posted by dabarrett View Post
did you fix the shield phasing problem we ran into?

Sword passing through the shield? It was a freak accident, and the only time it happened in 60+ games I played in the mod. Nothing I can do to prevent this unfortunately, barring making the shield ridiculously thick. Sometimes objects just ghost through in toribash.
why though
Attached Files
odlovwtf.rpl (90.4 KB, 5 views)
RelaxAll's Posterboy
RK-MMA
Odlov is my daddy and I love battledome.tbm