people playing: 32, servers online: 11, games played: 142,122,473 Top Player: Karstnator

Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Jul 3, 2018 Original Post  
duck

5th Dan Black Belt

Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
NOT A TSA, NOT AN MS ADMIN

Clan Squad administrator and Market Squad member
Shoot me a PM if you have any question in regards to clans or the market!

Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 07:20 PM..
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #11
duck

5th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I imagine those with the richest past would be rewarded with a legend thread in which they could continue lingering.

For the rest, it could be a fun journey back to official - Reinvigorate the clan with new enthusiasm and new blood.
---
Though, I would suggest instead of splitting in-game into 3 distinct categories (XP, wars, in-game activity), you combine in-game activity with XP or combine in-game activity with wars. Wars make up the vast majority of XP gained, so essentially wars are counted twice over. Not all clans enjoy warring, so I feel it's a bit harsh to punish them if they don't war - Instead, just transfer those points over to general in-game activity. Give a think at least ey.

We've considered it, but XP is tied to rank also, plus we have plans for the future to tie it to other things (ES tourneys for example), so we are going to be keeping it separate. Nevertheless it is a valid suggestion.

Old Jul 3, 2018   #12
$McFarbo
💦💦💦🍆🍆🍆

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: win

Wow this idea just totally shits on any older clans, like Alpha. Not only do half of the players not play since the clan is from 2008 and we are not kicking legendary players who helped form the clan, but clan wars are absolutely boring.

You guys are trying to push these ideas that just can't work with the amount of people currently playing.
McFarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #13
Ancient
ub3r

asian bitch playin with my balls Belt
Clan: win

oh boy
all this money i might hide it in the bank
Ancient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #14
pusga
oh yeah

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: [T]

Is irc activity not considered?
oh yeah
pusga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #15
duck

5th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
Wow this idea just totally shits on any older clans, like Alpha. Not only do half of the players not play since the clan is from 2008 and we are not kicking legendary players who helped form the clan, but clan wars are absolutely boring.

You guys are trying to push these ideas that just can't work with the amount of people currently playing.

Since we conducted the first activity check, Alpha managed to get their numbers up and pass one I ran just now. I don't see that as shitting on the clan.

And @pusga sorry but no, we are rather focusing on in-game activity and giving a small benefit to forum activity. Coupled with how dead IRC is to the point where we have as the core community moved to discord, we really don't consider it. Besides, if IRC is your main source of activity, then you can keep that if you clan fails the check anyway.

Old Jul 3, 2018   #16
pargu

White Belt

bye bye to all old clans

sounds a lot like youre blackmailing people to actually play the game cause its dead
[22:35:22] <Tank> i'm waiting
[22:35:52] <Tank> believe me i will kill you
pargu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #17
Pegasus
Item Forger

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Undead

5+ games per month from +50% is activity? this is a mess up guys
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - Pobre fudido - Scorpius
http://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif
Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #18
Arakata

3rd Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by notEle View Post
Yeah, couple of objections.

1. The need for automation

I've done more than a couple of activity checks during my time in clan squad and clan council, and it's certainly not as big a chore as you're making it out to be (especially considering clan squad have the least amount of work to do out of any staff group). 30 minutes of work, 2 times a year. That's nothing.

2. The problem with automation

Look at how you calculate in-game activity. 50% of members have to play 30 games or more per month. I bet this robot doesn't take into account that official clans often have 'inactive ranks' where leaders place their inactive people. These people will have been included in the robot's calculation (resulting in an erroneous activity assessment). Under the human-managed activity check system, the people in these kind of ranks were excluded from calculations. I imagine this would be a big contributing factor to my final point...

3. Under this new system, 31/41 official clans are considered inactive

So unless you want 10 official clans (two of which are Red and Blue, lol), you might wanna rethink this. Didn't this raise alarm bells for anyone? Feels like this system was designed by Gynx, lol.
---------
Feel like I have to disclaimer this by saying I'm not looking to start a shitshow here. This just all seems unnecessary and problematic.

@Ele @ClanSquad For such a "complex" activity check which consider games played and posts, I must agree that an automated system would be needed. However, I agree with you that it is as simple as it was supposed to be.
I agree that a manual system is way more accurate, and enables the use of common sense throught the clan boards.
Anyway, a manual system would look too complex or boring if you don't have the time nor patience to just make your job as the best as you can do. The only way for an activity check like this, considering my short amount of knowledge about moderation, is a notepad including all official clans, with the information of all members of each clan, such as QI, and the total posts in the clan board. It looks crazy, and you might say: "I don't have the time nor patience for this". Well, why are you staff then?

Just take a random Sunday each month to uptate this and lurk around the official clan boards, and then judge if the clan must recive a warning (or whatever it must recive) or not. I personaly don't see this system as something hard to use, and can be done by a single Clan Squad member. However, I don't know how much time you guys are supposed to sacrifice doing such a simple thing. And ANYWAY, Clan Squad counts with 5 members, so each member can take care of a certain group of clans. I didn't checked all clans because thats not my job, but it wasn't really hard/boring to me , so I think it would be extremely easy for the Clan Squad, which have really good members in there. As Ele said, Clan Squad seems, atleast to me, a really simple job, so an automated system will be killing the fun of it, and there will be nothing to do besides changing clan names and discussing clan policy.... thats boring. Thats why the staff must be not just active, but their members must enjoy it, and doing it in a non-automated way is super funny, atleast to me. Take a time to check how I think it should be done in the file bellow. Other than that, Clan Squad have black names and the most difficult thing it was supposed to do is now automated. It would take a while to finish the full list, like 4 or 5 hours, but once it is done, it just needs small updates each month. Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt manual.txt (2.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Arakata; Jul 3, 2018 at 04:58 PM..
Arakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #19
Berzerk
Me

Master Belt
Clan: Elite

wow, awesome way to shit on older clans that actually have a name for themselves.
I WISH YOU WOULD TREAD LIGHTLY
Berzerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2018   #20
ynvaser
ub3r

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Relax All

duck, just resign you lazy fuck.
ynvaser is offline   Reply With Quote