Ranking
S3D summed up what I think about it. I might even get creative and write a review.

Here it comes!

I downloaded and tried the free game Cabal Online. At the first glance, it looked like an interesting game. It had nice graphics, a decent amount of customizations for your character and a neat-looking trailer that showed insane combos. The download is a slow affair, but this is to blame on my internet connection. The login system is a joke. There are several anti-bot blocks, like an on-screen keyboard for login and character codes. Despite this, when I entered the game, the whole palce was filled with bots trying to sell money and gear.

As you might have suspected, I also noticed the awful grammar. The translators have done a terrible job, and left it halfway. Reading a quest description requires quite an effort. This would mean to me that the game isn't too bad originally, but got lost in translation.

The graphics are very nice, and the game is attractive. If it was a single-player game, I'd love it. But, unfortunately, it's only possible to play online. The lag is overwhelming, and I can see this is not due to my PC, as the chat box is full of "why dis lags so bad?" and other. It seems they've made a decent singleplayer game, connected it to a database and got tired. So they just released it without beta-testing.

As another fact, the economy is completely wrong compared to level. As this is a game that requiers no skill, just patience to get over the lag spikes and grind enough enemies, you can get "Alz" (Ingame credits) quite easily. I went to an armor merchant, and saw I could afford a decent piece of armor. This one, however, required more Strength, Intelligence (?) and Dexterity than I could get in 30 levels. The classes are imbalanced, and the creatures all look alike, without variations in neither gender or looks.
Last edited by aslask; May 3, 2009 at 02:43 PM.
Originally Posted by HebrewHamr View Post
Not if you play the whiny american version that's on OGPlanet.

I like rumble fighter more. I used to play it.
Hoss.