Ranking
Original Post
The Future of Toribash
In this competition, your objective is to create what you think the future of Toribash will look like.
Will it be hadoken's and fireballs?

Or more realistic joints?
The more creative, the better!
WARNING: GENITALIA WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND PUNISHMENT.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. Post your pic on tinypic, imageshack and/or photobucket, or if is a video, post it on youtube.
2. Embed your image or video into your post using , or [YOUTUBE.] url [/YOUTUBE]
3. Include a rough setting and background descripton for your entry.

PRIZES INCLUDE:

NABI SPONSORED:
100k for 1st Prize,
50k for 2nd Prize,
10k for 3rd Prize,
Imaginary Cookie for Honorable Mentions.

steveirwin
Last edited by evets; Mar 29, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
Originally Posted by xtwistedx View Post

(including toribash @ Home)

Ok first we have TEXTURED BLOOD

Ok i realize this would be rather hard to code and whatnot but it would be awesome! Have an area about the size of a ground texture or bigger directly below the player and when that player spills blood onto it it reveals the image. You would have to buy the item (price unknown) And this would possibly be shaders only concidering everything.

Second we have DISMEMBERMENT SPRAY PARTICLES

When something is dismembered it releases a short 5 frame "flame particle" the same color as the users blood (or red by default) and then it fades away. You would NOT have to buy this item but an option could turn it off.

Third FLUID BLOOD AND BLOOD TO TORI INTERACTION

(link if it wont load) LINK

Yes this would be ALOT of work and also implementing new physics but wouldnt it be awesome! The blood we have now is great dont get me wrong but this would be fantastic!

Fourth PAIN COLORS

Yes yes... we have all heard this one a thousand times but i made a pic and this REALLY needs to be implemented into the game (to those who dont know the pain color is where your tori turns red after he gets hit)

FIFTH FRIENDS LIST OVERHAUL

The main update would be an ingame dropbox of friends with several options and online/offline status indicator

Invite: Invite that player to the current match you are in. This option would be faded out if the room is full or the player isnt available.
Chat: Opens a chat tab with your friends along side of "Game" This would allow players to talk even in different servers.
Stats: Would show that players statistics or open an internet page that goes to that players forum page.
Exit: Exits the option box.

CLOSED FRIENDS TAB

OPEN FRIENDS TAB

SIXTH INGAME IRC CHAT
Would allow ingame IRC chat.
You would type in a command possibly /join #IRC or something and that would open a new chat tab at the bottom and you could switch channels at will.

SEVENTH NO COLLIDE WORLD OBJECTS
But still with instagib options or other effects
This would primarily be for swords in game so that they could pass straight through you but still instagib. Would open up a slew of new modding possiblitys as well.

EIGHTH INGAME TEXTURE SET ADD SPACE AND PREVIEWER
In the ingame torishop there will be a tab called "Texture sets" and under that tab would be items slots with texture sets and the information on them.
Players would have to pay real money for these slots monthly and they would be $5 USD. The info that would be included is
Price, Name of the set, and a link to the sellers forum page (linked to buy)
In order to buy them you would have to PM the seller or perhaps a more advanced auto buy feature would be available.

NINTH AND TENTH DECAP AND WIN SOUNDS
Would allow players to purchase sounds that played when you got a decap or won the game. The prices of the sound slots would have to be decided by mods. The only thing with these two is keeping them under control. Perhaps mods would have to "verify" them before they could be used.

ELEVENTH PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Player of the month would be chosen by moderators. No public opinion would be allowed due to biased popularity issues. The player of the month would be chosen on grounds of
Community helpfullness
Ingame helpfullness
Overall good character
Players would not be allowed to suggest themselves but could suggest others and reasons why. The player of the month would recieve a sleek POTM emblem beside their name ingame and perhaps a booster 50x or something.

NUMBER 12 COMMUNITY CHOICE PROMO TEXTURE SET DRAWINGS
Players would be able to submit texture sets for viewing and choosing of the community. HOW IT WOULD WORK
1.Moderators choose 10 of the best texture sets submited
2.Moderators then post a picture and a poll in the stickied thread
3.Players choose their favorite
4.The chosen set is included in next months promo as a drawing

Players would only be allowed to submit sets along this guideline
Parts including but not limited to
Head
all phyisicall body parts
Ground preferred
Trails Preferred
Flames etc. optional

Everyone that buys a promo pack would recieve a certain amount of tickets according to what pack they bought the more expensive pack the more tickets they get. The tickets are then drawn out of a hat or a program and the person who won gets the texture set.

NUMBER 13 HOTKEYS
Not a whole lot of info here but hotkeys would be very awesome
Perhaps an ingame hotkey editor.
Hotkeys that could take you directly to game options etc would be neat and usefull! Also hotkeys would be VERRRYYY usefull for server creators instead of typing /set mod ****** they could just press "P" and type the mod name

NUMBER 14 NABI STORE (REAL ITEMS)
Cmon who doesnt want a toribash t shirt or a toribash coffee mug or better yet.... ACTION FEEGUREZ!

NUMBER 15 TORIBASH @ HOME (previously submitted by me)
First off i know most of the visuals in this post are pretty cruddy but PLEASE i implore you to see the bigger picture that i see in this!

General idea...
To have a Toribash based Playstation Home networking system where your custom character walks around based in a virtual town/city/community and can interact wuth hundreds of other players also using Tori@Home. Dueling...Shopping...Chatting...Tournaments...Havi ng loads of fun...

Highlights
Tori@home would have an in "game": Torishop, Forums (or forum interaction in "game") Dueling, In game Stadiums for tournaments. In game Torimarket. In game Texture market. Being able to walk around see people dueling in the streets. Sitting in a stadium filled with tons of Toris Screaming for their favorite fighter in the ring below! Toris crowding a theater to see Nuthugs new replay line! Walking around in Torimarket looking for that Elf relax you want so bad! There would also be an area to start servers and play with your favorite friends! THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!

WILL ADD MORE STUFF LATER!!!!! PIC TIME!

OK!!! Now if you cant tell I have put LITERALLY almost 3 weeks into these suggestions! Some are better detailed than others but if all of these plus more of what has been submitted in this thread were actually implemented into toribash just imagine what toribash would be like! If this isnt the future of toribash then i dont know what is! THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE REP AND SUPPORT AND IF YOU LIKE MY IDEAS PLEASE SAY SO!!!

EDIT: Before i posted this i had it rough drafted on about 5 solid pages! with sketches and all LOL so now you know i was truly dedicated

I think everyone will aggree with me that this guy earned 1st place!
That friends thing was totally awesome!
Ur ideas is really awesome!
Good Job Mate!
Keep going!
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Originally Posted by kristis133 View Post
I think everyone will aggree with me that this guy earned 1st place!
That friends thing was totally awesome!
Ur ideas is really awesome!
Good Job Mate!
Keep going!

Thanks you guys i am working on more atm :P
Yeh the friends thing was kinda one of my bigger ideas :3

Originally Posted by dimalit View Post
Wow, really awesome
good job

Mass Attack

Basically this idea involves multiplayer games, where more than 2 players play at a time. The idea would primarily work for a new form of clan wars, also, though not included in the picture there may or may not be lives where you have maybe 2 lives so if you lose you come back and keep fighting. At the end of the fight it would either be a mode where it is last team standing wins or highest score wins. the idea would also create a world of new mods to be made.
Last edited by Lebo; May 4, 2009 at 01:27 AM.
wow. just wow. toribash is going to pwn if we could play more than 1vs1! and the clan wars would be... SICK! epic idea.
* ego gently touches Snorlaxen's manly chest while shivering at the thought of being caught out here alone with him.