Toribash
Original Post
The Future of Toribash
In this competition, your objective is to create what you think the future of Toribash will look like.
Will it be hadoken's and fireballs?

Or more realistic joints?
The more creative, the better!
WARNING: GENITALIA WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND PUNISHMENT.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1. Post your pic on tinypic, imageshack and/or photobucket, or if is a video, post it on youtube.
2. Embed your image or video into your post using , or [YOUTUBE.] url [/YOUTUBE]
3. Include a rough setting and background descripton for your entry.

PRIZES INCLUDE:

NABI SPONSORED:
100k for 1st Prize,
50k for 2nd Prize,
10k for 3rd Prize,
Imaginary Cookie for Honorable Mentions.

steveirwin
Last edited by evets; Mar 29, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
Click image for larger version

Name:	toribash future dsi.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	111966
here ya go ,ill try and make a video but it'll be difficult! (p.s dont look at the crap editing cos im only 11!! thx)
i have an idea not a pick but wat if u combined pate5 pic and the one with the blue ball of fire together now that would be sweet
Back in business
Improved
Hey, here is my idea for improvement.

I.Graphics:
1.Actors.
A.New realistic mesh, texture and geometry (model).

2.Environment.
A.Animated sky with weather changes.
B.Big ring, but not infinite.

Note: I did this as fast as I could to show you a idea, but you get the point, basically a realistic environment system, with a ring, weather effects such as lighting, and lights based on lighting, natural lighting (spot lighting, and ambiance),
C.On screen effects (using the UI engine system already implemented), such as blood, dirt...

II. Physics, animation.
1.Joint system.
A. New realistic possibility of the shoulders and hips to rotate, not only to contract and expand.
2.Strength to determine: pressure and speed of the action.
A.Contracting, expanding, holding, lowering etc. Strength adjusting possibility for a more realistic physics and enhanced gameplay,
note: See the first image.
And yea that's about it, for other effects as "kamehame-ha", "ha-do-ken", etc, can be implemented in mods, scripts and such.
Peace out.

-Silver-
Yo!
heres my newest one
i accidentally made the sword slanted

1.Includes flame run which increases speed but can only be used once per match
2.Elemental swords
3.Firable guns (one above is a desert eagle)
4.Custom text, not just changable colour
5.The red blury thing shows that you are in slow motion mode it will slow down your opponents moves and will make yours alot faster

and this black and white picture shows that you are in berserk mode which means you are alot more powerful and faster than before

so for the stuff like the flame run, slow motion and berserk mode there would need to be adrenaline bars you get 1 adrenaline for every fight you win each one of these special moves would take an amount of adrenlaine bars off depinding on how good the effects are(berserk mode would need all adrenaline bars to work)These can only be used once a fight

Also i didnt mean the weapons just for mods there can be weapons matches where you can bring a weapon you want into it. So everyone doesnt have to use the exact same weapon example:a gunman vs a sword user or even a person with a weapon vs unarmed
and the option to create your own weapon(s) but the more powerful and bigger it is the more it would cost. Also belt limitations on weapons so there is no unfairness in the begginer servers. So there would be no white belts with massive hammers against an unarmed opponent. but there can still be mods with weapons in though.

I also suggest the ability to curve bullets
Last edited by MadNinja; Apr 10, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
01001001001000000111001101110000011001010110000101 10101100100000011000100110100101101110011000010111 00100111100100100000010111100101111101011110
Originally Posted by sirwho View Post
Attachment 111966
here ya go ,ill try and make a video but it'll be difficult! (p.s dont look at the crap editing cos im only 11!! thx)

awesome. pure awesome. i liked all of it except the special hands and feet and that stuff, but the cover and wifi thing rocks
hmm, nice ideas, but I think flames knifes guns etc. can be easily implemented in a mod, and its already there... I seen one, it was about texture and shading, I think better texture and shading is never bad, but improvements on the physics are crucial to make this game epic, also think about if this game had a photorealistic human mesh, photorealistic enviroment, weather system, better lightning, diferent locations for fighting and such, it wold be one of the best games ever, the physics system is already inovative, I never played something similar, and with those changes... It could easily be better than... gta 4 and other high-end games
Yo!
you mentioned everything that makes toribash toribash :P with those things it will just be like any other game.