Ranking
Original Post
Twisted Metal
IMO, the greatest car-combat game series in the gaming industry. This game with it's overall feeling, is insane, demented, dark, and brutal. Not to mention, it's ending cut-scenes for the winning driver is combined with endless black humor.

The story of each game is simple: Each driver in the game competes in the Twisted Metal tournament for the prize of one wish, granted by the creator of Twisted Metal, Calypso; a crazed, senile man that is driven on black humor and sarcasm. The process of gameplay is simple, also: Kill every single other competitor until you are the last one standing.

Every driver is insane and delusional, of course. They will stop at nothing to crush their opponents for that one wish that they have killed so much for (and that one wish that gets unexpectingly turned upside down!). Every given competitor has their own stats and special attacks. Not to mention, the cars are able to do unique attacks that are simply done by doing a combination with the D-Pad, but they require energy, with will depelete after using a unique attack or ability. The energy bar will moderately regenerate. These unique attacks include: Freeze Missles, Mines, Jump, Shield, Rear Attacks, and many more (depending on which Twisted Metal game).

There are plenty of demented drivers to choose from, ranging from Twisted Metal originals such as:

Axel
Mr. Slam
Grasshopper
Minion
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal's signature character)
Roadkill
Yellowjacket
Thumper
Crimson Fury
Outlaw
Mr. Grimm
Warthog
Hammerhead

And many more, ranging from different Twisted Metal games.

Discuss your experience with this game, and anything else you like to include.
Last edited by Drummer; Apr 27, 2009 at 03:32 AM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
The moon buggys special is by far my favorite, along with orbitals ice spinner.
Hoss.
Love this game, although i only own tm2, i've played some of the latest ones. ;o

[T]
#hi

TM2's warthog was a beastly car. I loved that game, but the rooftop level is ridiculous and I had to stop playing it as soon as I made it there.
I find that Twisted Metal 3 has the best and most realistic gameplay out of ALL of them. Yes, Tm3's ending movies suck major and large cock, but the gameplay is oddly much better than the other games. You just flip too much in the game though, and the characters are cheesy.

Lmao, I ALWAYS used to use cheats when I was little, and when I started playing it again, without cheats, I realized how much I sucked. But it's so much more exciting without cheats. But I'm good at it now :P

Twisted Metal 2 pissed me off. Your opponents have unlimited specials and freeze missles and they use them CONSTANTLY.

Twisted Metal 4 just sucks gameplay-wise.

Twisted Metal Small Brawl wasn't very good in the gameplay area, but it was so exciting still..

Twisted Metal: Black has good gameplay and epic ending movies.

IMO, of course.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
I remember twisted 2 being like a drug, the cheat is burned into my brain and I use it for making passwords and shit still to this day
L1+R1+l2+R2 press up,down,left,right,right,left,down,up.
god that was a good game! Except that there was no ending got 2player
[o]
Originally Posted by C0XY View Post
I remember twisted 2 being like a drug, the cheat is burned into my brain and I use it for making passwords and shit still to this day
L1+R1+l2+R2 press up,down,left,right,right,left,down,up.
god that was a good game! Except that there was no ending got 2player

Oh the cheat code sequences...so orgasmic.. :3
I've ever only played Twisted Metal on the PSX. I think it was the first, I was like 4 and it was pretty damn fun. I liked that guy with the bike, I forgot his name. And the guy with the really low pink car. Forgot his name too. I finished the game with the bike guy when I was 4. Good times.

No way! Vigilante 8 was the shit. I had both vigilante 8 and twisted metal, and vigilante 8 is far better. Its got a plot about time travel, random 70s shit and sweet characters. I loved vigilante 8. Sadly, I dont have a psx anymore
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post

No way! Vigilante 8 was the shit. I had both vigilante 8 and twisted metal, and vigilante 8 is far better. Its got a plot about time travel, random 70s shit and sweet characters. I loved vigilante 8. Sadly, I dont have a psx anymore

Vigilante 8 is the shit, but I like Twisted Metal's storyline much better. Vigilante wins over Twisted Metal gameplay wise.

Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I've ever only played Twisted Metal on the PSX. I think it was the first, I was like 4 and it was pretty damn fun. I liked that guy with the bike, I forgot his name. And the guy with the really low pink car. Forgot his name too. I finished the game with the bike guy when I was 4. Good times.

Mr. Grimm is the biker.
Thumper is the low-rider driver.
Last edited by Drummer; Apr 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM.