Ranking
Original Post
Building a new PC, need advice.
I'm no computer techie, but I'm not an amateur when it comes to computers.
But, this will be my first build (on a budget, as well) and I need advice.
Currently, this is what I have in mind.
Case: DIYPC Zondda-B Black SPCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
HDD: WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM
Power supply: EVGA 100-W1-0430-KR 430W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD LGA 1151 Intel H110 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Intel Celeron G1830 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1150 54W BX80646G1830 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
RAM G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR4
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2
I know I didn't list a GPU, and that's because I had a AMD 2GB lying around somewhere.
I need your help in suggesting better alternatives to what I had chosen and point out compatibility issues, if any.
I'm within a 300-400 dollar price range, minus the GPU of course.
I'm hoping to use this PC to emulate PS2 and Gamecube games and run games at a smooth 60 FPS on med-high.
Last edited by NotValterain; Jul 23, 2016 at 06:14 PM.
Featured on www.worldstarhiphop.com for fighting a chicken.
"AMD 2GB DDR2" doesn't tell us anything about any kind of graphics card, though i'd be hesitant to use any graphics card that used DDR2 RAM.

Your CPU is not supposed to be a motherboard. Find a CPU that is compatible with the motherboard you have listed.

430W plus graphics card might be cutting a bit close.

If you're aiming for a really low budget and you're getting an Intel CPU, check if it comes with a stock cooler. If so, don't bother buying a separate cooler: Intel's stock coolers are fine if you don't overclock, and the H-series motherboards can't overclock meaningfully anyways.

We'll need to know exactly what CPU you intend to get and what GPU you intend to use to really advise you on the quality of the build, since those are the two most critical components for performance.

You also really should consider a small SSD (near 120GB) range. They have significantly dropped in price, so much so that if you drop the CPU cooler you might be able to get a decent SSD for the cost difference. Having your OS installed on an SSD is generally cited as a very nice and very welcome performance boost, especially on startup.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=557083
400$ Gaming Computer
CPU : AMD FX-6300 6x3.5Ghz
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper T2
GPU : Nvidia Geforce GTX 950
RAM : Crucal 8GB DDR3 1600
HDD : WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA 78LMT-USB3 mATX AM3+
PSU : EVGA 400W ATX
Case : Zalman T2 Plus mATX
Pcpartpicker link : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fH9xGf

PS2 Games are a bitch to emulate without constant FPS drops, Gamecube is easy with up to 3x native resolution.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
"AMD 2GB DDR2" doesn't tell us anything about any kind of graphics card, though i'd be hesitant to use any graphics card that used DDR2 RAM.

Your CPU is not supposed to be a motherboard. Find a CPU that is compatible with the motherboard you have listed.

430W plus graphics card might be cutting a bit close.

If you're aiming for a really low budget and you're getting an Intel CPU, check if it comes with a stock cooler. If so, don't bother buying a separate cooler: Intel's stock coolers are fine if you don't overclock, and the H-series motherboards can't overclock meaningfully anyways.

We'll need to know exactly what CPU you intend to get and what GPU you intend to use to really advise you on the quality of the build, since those are the two most critical components for performance.

You also really should consider a small SSD (near 120GB) range. They have significantly dropped in price, so much so that if you drop the CPU cooler you might be able to get a decent SSD for the cost difference. Having your OS installed on an SSD is generally cited as a very nice and very welcome performance boost, especially on startup.

I just realized my mistake, I was tired as fuck.
The graphics card isn't DDR2. I honestly don't know why I said that. The Graphics card is a 2 GB Radeon DDR3 with PCI Express 3.0.
I also accidentally pasted the same thing twice for motherboard and CPU. The CPU is a Intel Celeron G1830 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1150 54W.
I could invest try to invest in a SSD for the sole purpose of having the OS on it, I could look into it.
And I do not plan on overclocking so it'd make sense to get rid of the cooler.
Originally Posted by Mongius View Post
PS2 Games are a bitch to emulate without constant FPS drops, Gamecube is easy with up to 3x native resolution.

That's probably because all of the emulators are complete shit at emulating for PS2.
Last edited by NotValterain; Jul 23, 2016 at 06:20 PM.
Originally Posted by NotValterain View Post
The Graphics card is a 2 GB Radeon DDR3 with PCI Express 3.0.

I believe he meant what model of video card it is. throwing into Google your description above returns an AMD Radeon R7 240, is that correct?
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
The CPU is a Intel Celeron G1830 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1150 54W.

That's a pretty bad CPU. You should rather get a Intel I3 CPU if you want some power to your PC.

And also that motherboard you listed won't go with none of those CPUS what you planned to go for and what i recommended. The motherboard always has to say the same thing as the cpu(LGA 1150, LGA 1151, LGA 1155 etc)
Last edited by hunter; Jul 23, 2016 at 09:32 PM.
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
I believe he meant what model of video card it is. throwing into Google your description above returns an AMD Radeon R7 240, is that correct?

Bingo.
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
That's a pretty bad CPU. You should rather get a Intel I3 CPU if you want some power to your PC.

And also that motherboard you listed won't go with none of those CPUS what you planned to go for and what i recommended. The motherboard always has to say the same thing as the cpu(LGA 1150, LGA 1151, LGA 1155 etc)

So, you tell me that the sockets won't fit each other, and then you suggest a processor that also won't fit the motherboard.
what.
also i finally noticed that too
like i said, i made this post at 2 am last night, i wasn't exactly in my right mind
So, you tell me that the sockets won't fit each other, and then you suggest a processor that also won't fit the motherboard.
what.

The both CPUs are LGA 1150 so no. I mean you should change the motherboard.

Also the graphics card you have is pretty outdated and shitty overall, i'd recommend you to upgrade it a little.
Last edited by hunter; Jul 24, 2016 at 12:41 AM.
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
The both CPUs are LGA 1150 so no. I mean you should change the motherboard.

Also the graphics card you have is pretty outdated and shitty overall, i'd recommend you to upgrade it a little.

I plan on doing that in the future, but right now my budget is somewhat limited.
The GPU I have is fine, and this build is, for the most part, something I plan on building off of and improving in the long run.
Now, do you have any motherboards that you would like to suggest that aren't too expensive and will suit what I plan on doing with this build?
EDIT: I finally found the bastard GPU, and I was completly wrong about what is was. It's a Geforce GT630 2048M DDR3 PCIE. It's also PNY branded but it is a Geforce.
But good luck finding the right model anywhere, because I sure as hell cant.
Last edited by NotValterain; Jul 24, 2016 at 01:47 AM.
Now, do you have any motherboards that you would like to suggest that aren't too expensive and will suit what I plan on doing with this build?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-731-_-Product