Toribash
Original Post
Ranking changes
I'm updating our ranking system. Rankings will reset every month and only some servers will have ranking enabled on them.

Whats new from today:
- Only selected servers will be ranked. "This is a ranked server")
- Before ranked matches you'll get a message. "This is a ranked match (#rank vs #rank)"
- I've enabled ranking on the tourney1-8 servers. Admins can put ranking on any server they please.

Whats coming:
- On the 1st of August I'll clear the current rankings. Yes, all rankings will reset.

On the last of the month will be able to have special events for the best players of that month.

This is still in development so if you have any suggestions feel free to post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Jul 27, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
Hm.. This honestly bothers and confuses me... But I think it'll make more sense once it's put into effect.

So, the people with the best rank for that month will be in some sort of event, and the winner gets a prize of some sort? Please tell me if I am missing something.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
That's Some Dumb ASS Decision
Like, why THE ACTUAL FUCK is it just on tourney servers that you can gain rank. I mean, what about mod rank? There are only VERY few tourneys meaning - VERY few mods you can gain rank on ON THE WHOLE. What if the only mod you're good at is, I don't know tk and so not only can you not gain mod rank at all as there might not be any tk tourneys, but you might not even be able to gain global rank even with a lot of effort - for the same reason. I don't get why you have to reset the elo/rank for everyone also. Yes there is a change in ranking, but not the actual point system, just the servers you can gain rank on. If you were to completely re-think the way in which rank is achieved then I would see what you're getting at (by resetting) but even if you did do that, I STILL wouldn't agree with resetting the ranks. Let alone if you were to keep the way rank is gained and still you're going to reset the ranks (which is what you're doing in this case). I'n my opinion this shouldn't be done even though there is nothing in my power I can do to about it, I will still persist in at least trying to influence you in maybe re-considering this slightly major and partially unnecessary change to the game that I've always been happy to play.....Until now. My opinion isn't against it just because this GREATLY apples to me, but it's also the fact that there are many people that work REALLY hard for their rank and to have it reset would potentially make them want to quit playing and for toribash that's the worst thing that can happen as active players number to about 470 at this moment in time. I'm very sorry that I've expressed my views in such a closed minded way but this something I feel the need to say.

Thank You For Reading
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Hm.. This honestly bothers and confuses me... But I think it'll make more sense once it's put into effect.

So, the people with the best rank for that month will be in some sort of event, and the winner gets a prize of some sort? Please tell me if I am missing something.

That is correct. Top ranks will be able to battle it out at the end of the month.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
That is correct. Top ranks will be able to battle it out at the end of the month.

Hm, that doesn't sound too bad after all. Just a bummer for people who go for high ranks these days.

Good Idea, Hampa (and others behind this)

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Yo, i know you said all ranks but, will mod ranks be reset as well? Or just global?
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
Originally Posted by Seth93z View Post
Yo, i know you said all ranks but, will mod ranks be reset as well? Or just global?

All ranks.
rip
Chesh, hompu, y u do dis? ;-;

MY LIST OF COOL PEOPLE
MagmaClash Spastic023 ghostz11 Brie
I think I see what you're trying to do, but as WeooWeoo stated, it sucks for people that like to rank up in private servers/whilst duelling.
I guess trial it and see how it goes?
father of philip scone